2023 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,031
(03-10-2023, 08:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We Finished building the shed. We might put a door on it at some point.

Harvest some stuff for tea. Painted my daffodil sign. That goes up tomorrow.

That's a very fine shed, who claims ownership?  P complains that every shed, cupboard, box etc he builds gets filled up with 'my rubbish' (his word not mine). Trouble is I can't really refute it, apart from the 'rubbish' bit. When he needs a particular bit of binder twine, plastic sheet or netting, who does he ask?? I rest my case.  I could fill your shed in no time SC Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,032
(04-10-2023, 12:46 PM)JJB Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 08:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: We Finished building the shed. We might put a door on it at some point.

That's a very fine shed, who claims ownership?  P complains that every shed, cupboard, box etc he builds gets filled up with 'my rubbish' (his word not mine). Trouble is I can't really refute it, apart from the 'rubbish' bit. When he needs a particular bit of binder twine, plastic sheet or netting, who does he ask?? I rest my case.  I could fill your shed in no time SC Smile
This one is Bobs mostly. It’s for toys with small engines. Like mowers, strimmers. It pretty much already full, but thanks for the offer    Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,033
(04-10-2023, 02:44 PM)Small chilli Wrote:

This one is Bobs mostly. It’s for toys with small engines. Like mowers, strimmers. It pretty much already full, but thanks for the offer    Big Grin .
You must have a very low crime rate as they woudn't last five minutes around here.................especially with no door! Rolleyes Tongue
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,034
(04-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Vinny Wrote:

You must have a very low crime rate as they woudn't last five minutes around here.................especially with no door! Rolleyes Tongue
We never lock the house when we go out either. Keys are left in the car ignition permanently. We’d never find them otherwise.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,035
(04-10-2023, 03:14 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Vinny Wrote:

We never lock the house when we go out either. Keys are left in the car ignition permanently. We’d never find them otherwise.
Remind me of your address again..................... Big Grin Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,036
It was a jabby sort of day. Took Bess to the Vets for her booster jab in the morning and took myself to the chemist for a flu jab in the afternoon. Also, finally, cashed in the American dollars at the post office and came out with £91 and a bit in £5 and £10 notes which will pay for a few trips to the £5 Pantry. The small change went in a charity box - saved me finding somewhere to put it!
Picked beans and rhubarb and weeded nearby. The beans were a late sowing - 25th July and they're really taking off now. My earlier beans were hopeless.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,037
Planted lots more daffodils.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
#1,038
Podded some more beans, harvested about 5 roots of potatoes then started clearing hedge cuttings from last week. Did some weeding in a 'flower border' - mainly self rooted bramble and a wild raspberry type hybrid. It seems to be very vigorous but with minute fruit.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,039
Cut down dead raspberry canes, attacked the plants that are taking over the fence with next door - brambles, ivy, elder. Pulled up the old lovage plants and a lot of lemon balm which is trying to outdo the montbretia by spreading everywhere. I don't hate the lemon balm though, as it smells so wonderful.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,040
Finally finished clearing bean sticks and netting. The netting was a bit of a disaster this year. In the unusual summer high winds there were too few bamboo canes to support the bean covered net, so they got blown down. Cleaning the net of twining bean stalks is far more tedious than with using just canes alone.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny