Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1786)

2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 31-12-2022

2023 - What I did today................

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-01-2023

Wandered around the garden, thinking and plotting changes. Pulled a few weeds whilst looking for flowers.
Removed dead leaves from the GH plants and added them to the Hotbin which is hot and steaming.
Ate a raspberry (tasteless).
Filled some modules and brought them into the kitchen to warm up, ready for sowing later this week.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-01-2023

It was a sunshiny day, so did a load of washing (which dried outside). Also planted out 6 bunches of spring onions that I've had sitting in jars of water to grow longer roots - they're trimmed before sale in the shops. There were 40+ onions and I've added them to the edible border around the Mulberry patch.
Good to be outdoors doing something useful for a change!

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 09-01-2023

Transferred a couple of fruit trees into the plot ground from containers, 4 more to do.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 09-01-2023

Pruned back some pear and apple trees and cut through the stems of Ivy climbing a holly tree in the hedge. There is a lot of ivy on a hawthorn hedge that needs removing before it is killed. There was a similar bit of hedge just down the lane that was killed but looked very green. It blew down one day in a gale.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Vinny - 11-01-2023

Today was my first full session of 1.5 hours at a local puregym I have joined. Even though I workout quite a bit at home and at a  gym/dance school I have never used the miriad of machines available at this new gym. Cry
They have load of treadmills,excercise bikes and moving stairs. I would much rather walk Kato than stand on a machine and if I wanted to climb stairs I would do so at my house. Smile
Needless to say these are the machines I avoided but I was still left with loads of machines to play with. I am paid up until 23rd Jan so will utilise the gym until then.................after that, who knows? Huh

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 12-01-2023

(09-01-2023, 12:25 PM)Broadway Wrote: Transferred a couple of fruit trees into the plot ground from containers, 4 more to do.
2 more completed, 2 to go:-)

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 12-01-2023

Very late … but they’ve got a fifty fifty chance!
Planted up 30 Muscari Ivor’s Pink.

RE: 2023 - What I did today - Broadway - 13-01-2023

(12-01-2023, 12:23 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 12:25 PM)Broadway Wrote: Transferred a couple of fruit trees into the plot ground from containers, 4 more to do.
2 more completed, 2 to go:-)
Last 2 in Smile

RE: 2023 - What I did today - JJB - 14-01-2023

In the little time I spent outside I found some tulips unplanted from autumn and bunged them in where I could from the edges of the beds, ditto for some garlic. I think I bought these cheap from Wilko last autumn