2023 - What I did today
Farendwoman Offline
But I did have sneaky ones once the ring was on my finger !
Gave up for good once the daughter was on the way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Managed to grab an hour or two cutting down raspberry canes and a buddleia that's in a completely wrong place. Not my favourite plant but the stump is too big to dig out.
Even a short time outdoors is a bonus at this time of the year.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Just came back from a long walk in the woods with Kato and as it's Meatless Monday I need to do a bit of shopping. I am going to look for Tofu (hopefully the stuff that doesn't fall apart) Checked online and it appears Tescco's is my best bet locally for it, so I wil ltie that in with filling the car up with petrol. Think I will probably have eggs, baked beans and brocolli with my Tofu.Got an abs workout later so I need my protein! Rolleyes

Then its back home and plans to finish the grouting of tiles in downstairs 'cubby' toilet.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I had some Extra Firm Tofu from Aldi t'other day. Sliced it, coated it with Hoisin sauce and shallow fried the slices. Stayed firm and kept its shape. https://www.aldipresscentre.co.uk/produc...ternative/ Only 99p but I had it FREE. Big Grin

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
A couple more hours in the garden and 2 loads of washing out on the line in the sunshine (at last).

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I got stuck in on Sunday in the tunnel, did weeding and clearing out remains of tomato and pepper plants. Also trimmed up herbs, pars, thyme, sage and rosemary.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(30-01-2023, 04:25 PM)Veggie Wrote: I had some Extra Firm Tofu from Aldi t'other day. Sliced it, coated it with Hoisin sauce and shallow fried the slices. Stayed firm and kept its shape. https://www.aldipresscentre.co.uk/produc...ternative/ Only 99p but I had it FREE. Big Grin
Thats a bit more within my price range at 99p. I bought three different lots of the Tofoo range at Tesco's (bladdy expensive) which I am not impressed with. It has the same effect on me as Jerualem artichokes have on others! Cry I still have two lots to use but will utilise it before an allotment visit where I am not in a confined space! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(31-01-2023, 11:45 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(30-01-2023, 04:25 PM)Veggie Wrote: I had some Extra Firm Tofu from Aldi t'other day. Sliced it, coated it with Hoisin sauce and shallow fried the slices. Stayed firm and kept its shape. https://www.aldipresscentre.co.uk/produc...ternative/ Only 99p but I had it FREE. Big Grin
Thats a bit more within my price range at 99p. I bought three different lots of the Tofoo range at Tesco's (bladdy expensive) which I am not impressed with. It has the same effect on me as Jerualem artichokes have on others! Cry I still have two lots to use but will utilise it before an allotment visit where I am not in a confined space! Big Grin
Should be called To-Phew or To-Poo. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
(31-01-2023, 11:45 AM)Vinny Wrote: I still have two lots to use but will utilise it before an allotment visit where I am not in a confined space! Big Grin

haha that made me giggle out loud LOL Ppprrrrrttttt!!
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Did a little "tidying" in the GHs today. Hundreds of self seeded lettuce seedlings growing in the most ridiculous places, like on the concrete blocks that the GH sits on. If I tried to grow them in a seed tray, I'd fail.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK