2023 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-01-2023, 11:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: I know someone who had two teeth extracted last week and has had no after effects whatsoever. Never heard of fermenting milk in a socket before. Surely any food that was lodged in the socket could also ferment?

I agree, I've never heard of it before. What, with no milk and the side effects of a week's course of antibiotics, I'm well cheesed off, oops  don't mention cheese.  Roll on next Friday and I can get back to normal.  PS it's one way to loose a few pounds Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Ahh I just read dairy free and interpreted that as lactose free, sorry. It's Friyay! But I suspect you mean in a week's time! I have had teeth pulled and never been told that either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It seems a part of implant surgery only not just general teeth pulling.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sounds unpleasant whatever it is!

As for my day. I've been mooching round the garden, looking for inspiration. Need to create a few new beds in the Little Shop area and I'll, probably start by putting down some cardboard, weighted down with logs, to kill off the grass. Then put some 30 litre pots on it for potatoes.
I lifted some roofing sheets, that I'd used similarly last year and the soil underneath looked perfect for planting into. Come spring, I'll move the sheets onto another patch and start again. Getting excited. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I had a meeting with the boss women (my line manager and her boss) yesterday that made me happy. They essentially extended my short term contract for another year, which will means I am definitely permanent at that level (if I want it). It makes me happy, because it gives me a good change to see most of the programme through Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Went shopping yesterday and celebrated only spending money on some milk. We stopped on the way home for an ice cream. First ever in 70+ years in January.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yesterday our lad visited unexpectedly yesterday on the way back from some work trip. He's  doing secret squirrel stuff at the defence research place up the road. He obviously couldn't talk about current work but one thing he was able to  tell us was about was this

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/202...ccessfully
Very Star Wars.

Today I'm feeling human again and I'm going to sow tomatoes, YAY!
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(26-01-2023, 10:33 AM)JJB Wrote: Nothing gardening. Had a tooth out and prepared for implant then was poorly all afternoon throwing up from both ends TMI. I was not a happy bunny.
I've been told to steer clear of milk and milk products for at least a week, more if I can. Anyone know a good dairy free milk for tea?
Hope you’re not a smoker JJB.
When I had an implant about three years ago I was told that if my implant failed they would test me for nicotine and that it would invalidate my guarantee.
Fortunately I gave that up when I had my daughter thirty two years ago. Would still love one though - the desire for a ciggie has never gone away.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(28-01-2023, 12:01 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(26-01-2023, 10:33 AM)JJB Wrote: Nothing gardening. Had a tooth out and prepared for implant then was poorly all afternoon throwing up from both ends TMI. I was not a happy bunny.
I've been told to steer clear of milk and milk products for at least a week, more if I can. Anyone know a good dairy free milk for tea?
Hope you’re not a smoker JJB.
When I had an implant about three years ago I was told that if my implant failed they would test me for nicotine and that it would invalidate my guarantee.
Fortunately I gave that up when I had my daughter thirty two years ago. Would still love one though - the desire for a ciggie has never gone away.

No non smoker here. Use to as a youngster in my 20's, but P said he wouldnt kiss me unless I gave up Big Grin, lust overtook nicotine.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Similar! R wouldn’t marry me unless I quit. Said he wanted his wife to last a long time!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie