2023 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(02-04-2023, 08:23 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Today I also marked ten years of living in the UK.

Just being nosy,  and if I missed a post in the past I apologise,  where did you move to th UK from?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(03-04-2023, 09:09 AM)JJB Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 08:23 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Today I also marked ten years of living in the UK.

Just being nosy,  and if I missed a post in the past I apologise,  where did you move to th UK from?
I moved over from New York, but grew up in California  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-04-2023, 10:11 AM)doublyjonah Wrote:

And you moved here??? Huh
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-04-2023, 09:02 AM)JJB Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 02:45 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(26-03-2023, 05:21 PM)JJB Wrote: I planted out one and three quarter rows of broad bean plants in the patch, from the edge otherwise I'd have been covered in mud. Something was chopping/pulling off the tops of the young plants. Not sure whether it's birds or mice. Anyway the new plantings have net over and a mouse trap  underneath.  The remaining bean modules are also protected. That reminds me,  I didn't put a trap near them, must traipse out again I suppose Sad
I also potted on some sweet peas.  Is there a sweet peas that has vetch like leaves, or am I nurturing weeds?
Weirdly, I’ve got two “vetch like” plants popped up in a packet of Lidl sweet peas too!.
We shall have to compare notes later on JJB (I’m assuming you kept yours). 
these are taller and spindlier than all the other germinated sweet peas. They also have a reddish stem.
It’s not a blown in seedling - they were all indoors waiting to be pricked out.

I'll take a picture this morning. Unfortunately I can't remember offhand what packet of seed it came from, I'll see if I can figure it out.

Here's a pic and it was out of a packet of Wilko seeds either Royal mixed or Bouquet mixed

Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
(03-04-2023, 10:37 AM)JJB Wrote:

You know what they say - come for the postdoctoral fellowship, stay for the British partner.

Famous old saying, that.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
My bokashi set was delivered today. Looking forward to getting started.

Oops, trying to post again too quickly. Sorry, forum, I promise I'm not a bot.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-04-2023, 11:47 AM)doublyjonah Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 10:37 AM)JJB Wrote:

I moved over from New York, but grew up in California  
You know what they say - come for the postdoctoral fellowship, stay for the British partner.

Famous old saying, tthat.l
Love conquers all Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(03-04-2023, 10:40 AM)JJB Wrote:
(26-03-2023, 05:21 PM)JJB Wrote: I planted out one and three quarter rows of broad bean plants in the patch, from the edge otherwise I'd have been covered in mud. Something was chopping/pulling off the tops of the young plants. Not sure whether it's birds or mice. Anyway the new plantings have net over and a mouse trap  underneath.  The remaining bean modules are also protected. That reminds me,  I didn't put a trap near them, must traipse out again I suppose Sad
I also potted on some sweet peas.  Is there a sweet peas that has vetch like leaves, or am I nurturing weeds?
Weirdly, I’ve got two “vetch like” plants popped up in a packet of Lidl sweet peas too!.
these are taller and spindlier than all the other germinated sweet peas. They also have a reddish stem.

I'll take a picture this morning. Unfortunately I can't remember offhand what packet of seed it came from, I'll see if I can figure it out.

Here's a pic and it was out of a packet of Wilko seeds either Royal mixed or Bouquet mixed
Good pic. Yes they look like mine. I’ll hang on with them till they flower - just in case!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-04-2023, 12:47 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 10:40 AM)JJB Wrote:

Good pic. Yes they look like mine. I’ll hang on with them till they flower - just in case!

The downside is that all their brothers in the same pot were normal pea type plants.  We shall just have to wait and see.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Bren Offline
Cut the grass, weeded a couple of veg beds and tidied up between the quarry tile paths.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie