2023 - What I did today
Farendwoman Offline
I grew some lathyrus chloranthus last year.
Tiny little green flowers and no scent.
Foliage was a bit vetch-like.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks FEW but I've no idea what lathyrus whatever looks like and I've never sown any Smile
I did sow 3 sweet peas in a pot x2. One pot showed up with normal sweet peas, the other with 3 vetch like plants but no peas. A huge coincidence that there were just the three seedlings in just the same position where I expected peas. I think it's a no-brainer that they're weeds but just in case I've potted them up. I will have the best looked after weeds in Salisbury Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Lathyrus chloranthus is a green sweet pea (that I thought would be interesting.) It wasn’t!
I’d definitely continue with your sweet peas that look “different”. Might turn up something lovely.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Potted on all my chillies.
Planted out kale into another fish box. Pricked out the rest of kale to go on sales barrow.
Did a little work on barrow.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Must’ve already said about my well looked after weeds last year or the year before.
Tended about 30 modules of what I thought was a beautiful grass called Frosted Explosion. Turned out to be VERY healthy couch grass.
Gave my lovely neighbour a laugh though - she had said all along that it was couch grass.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-03-2023, 08:50 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Lathyrus chloranthus is a green sweet pea (that I thought would be interesting.) It wasn’t!
I’d definitely continue with your sweet peas that look “different”. Might turn up something lovely.
I think there were some seeds in one of our seed swaps.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-03-2023, 08:50 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Lathyrus chloranthus is a green sweet pea (that I thought would be interesting.) It wasn’t!

I'll try to post pictures, maybe someone will identify it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman

Bren Offline
Seed sowing yesterday.

doublyjonah Offline
Took delivery of the compost at the allotment. With my husband, barrowed about a third to half up to the plot. Covered the ground in the fruit cage and one of the beds. Plenty to do and will only get heavier after the forecast rain, but very satisfying.

I'll try to add photos to my plot journal at some point. I don't know how to add them from my phone without several maneuvers since they're too big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • Veggie

Garrett Offline
Planted a new blueberry into a container with ericaceous compost and some berberis sticks to try to dissuade the birds from stealing the fluffy fresh compost. 
Placed two obelisks outside and added some extra bamboo canes and twine in preparation for planting out the sweet peas later this week. 
Weeded some ivy and campanula growing in a wall.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Garrett's post:
  • Veggie