2023 - What I did today
SarrissUK Offline
I went to a surplus shop nearby today that takes any surplus from the major supermarkets. They had some puntarelle, looks a bit like a mix of chicory and kale. I've never tried it before, so I bought a pack. It's on its main stem, so I will try cut it down a bit and see if it will regrow.

Turns out it is indeed chicory, so I will make some of that to go with my steak tonight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
Bought my seed potatoes and dug up some parsnips.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Cut down the oldest Bijou mangetout in the big bucket in GH1 as they were a bit mildewy. Don't worry, I have about 6 more flower buckets of Bijou that are starting to flower now. Did a bit of watering and weeding in the GHs.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My morning Barre session was cancelled so I went to the gym I have recently joined and did a one hour workout. On the way home I called at the allotment and dug a few parsnips.
This evening, instead of turning into a couch potato and watching telly, I decided to read a book. I usually read in bed half an hour nightly before sleeping but decided to put Amazon music's Beerhoven and Mozart Sonatas and symphonies on low in the background and read through the evening, only stopping to add a log to the woodburner now and again. Rolleyes Very relaxing! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Finished yesterday's very late planting of forgotten tulip bulbs. Also found some Germidor garlic so bunged that in. Put some Aquadulce b.beans in modules in the gh.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
An hour over the plot today and yesterday, mainly cutting back all the brambles from next door.

Also lined the 3 USD planters with cardboard prior to composting then planting.

Picked some dwarf curly kale yesterday and popped in the freezer this morning. Today brought back a kalette plant, will freeze tomorrow.

Raining now!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
The closest I got to gardening was to give a little advice about cabbage whites on the Facebook group for gardening we've put together at work, me and my colleague Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Nothing gardening. Had a tooth out and prepared for implant then was poorly all afternoon throwing up from both ends TMI. I was not a happy bunny.
I've been told to steer clear of milk and milk products for at least a week, more if I can. Anyone know a good dairy free milk for tea?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Poor JJB. Sad Did you get sixpence from the Tooth fairy?
Can't help with the milk in tea question as I don't drink either. Try Oat milk - I've heard that the Lidl/aldi versions are reasonably priced.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
No sixpence but a hefty bill and some disgusting mouthwash! Luckily I had some inco knickers (borrowed for some reason or other from next door) Big Grin I deffo don't suffer in silence but P is being very caring. I think he was a bit worried yesterday. Mum's aren't allowed to be poorly are they? Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie