2023 - What I did today
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Up most of the night taking Kato onto the garden to do his business. Sick After his morning walk I was at Boot Camp for 9.00 then Barre for 10.00 until 10.30 followed by a half hour abs smasher session. Rolleyes

Did some YS shopping at Morries whilst in town then made and ate a delicious dinner. Back out with Kato soon then that's me in for the night sat in front of the woodburner. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Sounds like an absolutely lovely (but very energetic) perfect day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Pricked out half a dozen (100% germination by the way) atomic grape and Sergeant Pepper tomatoes. Seed Circle germination rates are so very, very good! I only wanted three of each.
Now .... where am I going to put those till I can safely put them outside!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-03-2023, 08:58 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Pricked out half a dozen (100% germination by the way) atomic grape  and Sergeant Pepper tomatoes. Seed Circle germination rates are so very, very good! I only wanted three of each.
Now .... where am I going to put those till I can safely put them outside!

Join the club FEW  Cry I'm also in that situation and I haven't sown the majority of my toms yet! I've managed to restrict myself to 2 seeds at sowing time but I'm finding it difficult to resist sowing each and every new variety of seed from the seed swap and elsewhere. I've whittled it down to 21 different gh toms and about 5 specifically outdoor ones.  Just who needs that many tomatoes, I ask you!
PS when you put '21 tomatoes ' in writing it does sound ridiculous,  I feel a rethink coming on.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Went to the allotment for a couple of hours by myself. Hauled some partially rotted wood chip to the plot from a pile on site, moved a huge defunct water storage barrel to the back of the plot, shifted some cut bramble and rose branches to the back of the plot (on top of growing brambles), adjusted some black plastic on the plot, chopped some woody bits into a long-term compost bin. Found the snow had broken the roof netting on the fruit cage so disentangled it from the plants and tried to temporarily secure it until I can get back to repair it. Spread some compost in a bed. Trying to get things much tidier and start using every possible thing for compost as I want to convert to no dig finally but lack the appropriate levels of compost. Came home and requested manure/muck on a FB group for just such things. Tried to request wood chip through a site but it requires an address and access on almost no notice and I don't have those things for the allotment. Next to bother local places for coffee grounds and continue considering the purchase of a Bokashi set up. Whew.
[-] The following 4 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Transferred very cramped chitted peas fom 2x 12" bits of mini guttering to a freebie 4-5ft length of flourescent light diffuser. Sowed some marigolds and leeks. Put B. Beans in the coldframe, brought a couple of pots of strawberries in from the cold to the gh then it rained
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Garrett Offline
Sowed my indeterminate tomatoes.
Had a general tidy in the garden.
Pulled off the old crocosmia foliage.
Cut back the verbena bonariensis.
Pruned the buddleia.
Pulled out all the dead sunflowers I'd left for the birds.
Cut down the old stems of the Marmalade rudbeckia which have rosettes of fresh foliage and seem to have survived the winter. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

MartinH Offline
Put up my brassica tunnel.
Did some weeding & feeding around my herbaceous perennials.
Had a go at getting creeping buttercup out of my summer raspberries, trying not to break off the new cane buds just emerging from the soil. Should have done it in the autumn!
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Coo - everyone has been so busy and achieved so much today!
Well done.
All i’ve done is indoors stuff- breadsticks, cinnamon buns, soup.
Wish I had been outdoors - apparently it’s going to be wet all day tomorrow so I could have been outside today and “kitcheny” tomorrow!
  • JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Trademark enjoyed his cinnamon Buns. Simple and cheap recipe on YouTube from Waitrose kitchens.
  • JJB, Veggie