Flower seed ID please
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I dont think it's helichrysum as I have some here on my kitchen top Wink ....you have none of the fluff stuff either 

Shasta daisy seems likely.

[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
....and I agree! Why save seed...im forever digging the bloody things out!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(12-11-2022, 10:23 AM)Scarlet Wrote: ....and I agree! Why save seed...im forever digging the bloody things out!

I don't have a problem with self seeding of this particular daisy, it seems to stay in its clump (which may mean my seeds aren't viable).  I want a shorter,  tidier one say 1.5 - 2ft rather than 3ft+. I'll have to do some research.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Oh I quite like the shasta daisies! I've just googled them - never heard of them before. They'd look good in my garden Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-11-2022, 08:18 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Oh I quite like the shasta daisies! I've just googled them - never heard of them before. They'd look good in my garden Smile
I chucked those seeds I picked this morning- will try to find some more tomorrow for the seed swap...

I will post Monday VC.....
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(12-11-2022, 08:18 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Oh I quite like the shasta daisies! I've just googled them - never heard of them before. They'd look good in my garden Smile

You need to choose the variety carefully. Some smell horrible. They're not called dog daisies for nothing.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'd like some daisy seeds, shasta or otherwise, Scarlet. Although with all the flowers I'm thinking of growing I have no idea where I'm going to put them Smile As always, I'm far better with veg.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-11-2022, 10:22 PM)Moth Wrote:

You need to choose the variety carefully. Some smell horrible. They're not called dog daisies for nothing.
Never noticed any scent on mine...I used them for cut flowers - mine have double petals. I usually smell the bunches, will have to sniff next year Big Grin - I have been using/growing lots of herby things as much prefer those kinds of scents to the more obvious perfume of some flower - I can't have sweet peas in the house...Im sure i would have noticed the smell. Some people usefeverfew in bunches and that is really like cats pee.

• JJB, Moth, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
Haha Cat pee must be a great smell for insects then. Thank you Scarlet, I really appreciate you sharing your seeds ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Scarlet

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I quite like the smell of feverfew.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet