Cut Flowers
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-03-2022, 12:19 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: Picked flowers for Friday Market today. Not loads, but a good start.
Gorgeous! Lots of my daffs are blooming but I like them so much I can't pick them Big Grin

Farendwoman Offline
You’re gonna have to toughen up for your Flower Growing Business, Scarlet.
As long as you pick sparingly and leave enough for you to enjoy, then, you’re spreading the pleasure around .
The busker at my Friday Market said that his busking makes people happy whether they donate or not, and that my flowers make people happy whether they buy or not.
I thought that was lovely!
[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I Houghton that myself when I walked around yesterday Big Grin it's so difficult to cut your hard work Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I don't normally pick flowers for indoors, preferring to see them growing but had to pick these daffs because they were lying down on the grass as their blooms were too heavy for their stems. Each bloom is so busy with petals, I think they're exquisite.

Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 7 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Farendwoman, Garrett, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
They are lovely - do you know the variety?

Same here for me - I picked these a few days ago because they got their stems snapped in the wind.

Replete.

[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Norfolk Grey

SarrissUK Offline
Ooh I have them Scarlet! They're still gorgeous, and I was thinking I'd pick the ones that are dropping a little to bring in the house. Beautiful flowers Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-04-2022, 03:06 PM)Scarlet Wrote: They are lovely - do you know the variety?

Same here for me - I picked these a few days ago because they got their stems snapped in the wind.

Replete.

I've no idea the variety, as you well know I'm not a flower person. I'm just amazed I can grow something so beautiful. They were probably part of a batch bag from the supermarket.  Yours are so pretty  I'll have to remember the name next season and look for some.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Scarlet

SarrissUK Offline
I got mine in Lidl JJB and planted them up pretty much straight away. Beautiful Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(03-04-2022, 07:47 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Ooh I have them Scarlet! They're still gorgeous, and I was thinking I'd pick the ones that are dropping a little to bring in the house. Beautiful flowers Smile
Mine were from Wilco's/ they had some fabulous varieties. I will be getting more this year Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The ranunculus have started to flower in my old greenhouse. Planted in the borders - it looks so promising.

[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie