National Fish & Chip day.
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’d kill for a properly good chippy on occasion. Our closest one is a 3hour round trip and it’s not very good ( FYI I’m being incredibly polite  Wink ) 
When we used to live in chard in Somerset we used to do a 45 minute drive to Glastonbury for the fantastic chippy there.
Bob thought I was out my tree the first time I suggested it  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Vinny,

I agree completely. If you asked me my favourite clothes colour it would be Blue. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(27-05-2022, 05:41 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’d kill for a properly good chippy on occasion. Our closest one is a 3hour round trip and it’s not very good ( FYI I’m being incredibly polite  Wink ) 
When we used to live in chard in Somerset we used to do a 45 minute drive to Glastonbury for the fantastic chippy there.
Bob thought I was out my tree the first time I suggested it  Big Grin .
We drove from Cardiff to Devon once for Chicken in the Basket (with bacon rolls and onion rings) at The Wearie Friar. Always went there when we stayed with family in Saltash so we dropped in on them afterwards. Big Grin
Those were the days when petrol was cheap enough to go for a drive without a purpose.

EDIT No point going there now - don't eat meat and its not on the menu anyway................and its in Cornwall, just. https://www.wearyfriar.co.uk/en-GB/homepage
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
Unfortunately we no longer have a decent chippy...everyone now is now either a kebab or pizza takeaway.

Spending my formative years living by the sea in a fishing village, I guess I was spoilt, but we used to buy chips from one and fish from another.

As regards pink Vinny, I love it and my kids always take the p1$$ out of my brightly coloured socks.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I had the conversation about non-binary gender with my 34 yr old son and his wife. I was well confused as to the personal pronouns to use, but son was confused at me being confused, couldn't understand my wittering on. There's definitely a generation gap there.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I do like a nice pink shirt, I have 2 one plain, one striped. I also have 2 very nice pink ties that I can wear with a neutral colour shirt.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
I like purple it makes me feel happy, Big Grin I seem to have a lot of fleeces, t-shirts that colour and socks.

We've got 2 good chip shops in less than a 10 min walk away, we did have another but that went over to Chinese food.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Have any of our gents gone for pink trousers, a la Michael Portillo? P loves a pink shirt but not brave enough for trousers - not that he gets gussied up very often these days.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve known a good few pink trouser wearers. They’ve all been the same sort of person. How can I put this delicately……………toffs  Wink .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
I draw the line at pink trousers.....
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie