National Fish & Chip day.
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Big Grin 
Now there's a day worth celebrating. Cool

Guess what's on the menu for me today, home made of course! Rolleyes (Bit too expensive to buy from the chippy) Sick
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Every Day, Week, Month and Year seem to have been claimed by someone as their special day! I'm going to rename today as :-
"National Fish & Chip Day with Salt and Vinnie".

BTW is it coincidence that its a Friday? Does the date move to the nearest Friday? Questions, always questions..........
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I like it.... Salt and Vinnie.... we'll be having a crisp especially flavoured. If the crisps have grey hairs growing on them I for one won't be buying them Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(27-05-2022, 10:31 AM)Veggie Wrote: Every Day, Week, Month and Year seem to have been claimed by someone as their special day! I'm going to rename today as :-
"National Fish & Chip Day with Salt and Vinnie".

BTW is it coincidence that its a Friday? Does the date move to the nearest Friday? Questions, always questions..........
Apparently it was moved to the nearest Friday as it coincided with the Queens Platinum Jubilee celebrations? Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:

Vinny Offline
Just finished my home made jobbie and it was lush! Cool

Deviated slightly from original as it was yellow stickered smoked haddock in a cheese and mustard sauce with home made chunky chips cooked in the wok with garden peas. Smile
Total cost probaly equalled under three squid so quite a bit cheaper than the chippy version and dare I say it, quite a bit nicer! Big Grin

PS I was jokingly called a racist off my Son who's partner is Chinese. In a text I sent the auto correct changed it from 'Chunky' chips to 'Chinky' chips! Cry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Chunky Chips
Chinky Chops
Chunky Chaps
Chinky Ships...........could have been worse.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
(27-05-2022, 02:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Chunky Chips
Chinky Chops
Chunky Chaps
Chinky Ships...........could have been worse.
Clunky ships
Churly Chops.

My Son saw the funny side of it but their is a big discussion going on within the family about their kids being taught to respect those that self identify as male or female,transgender or even  microwave for that matter, even though their sex is dictated by their plumbing at birth in my opinion. Cry
It's an immotive subject this gender neutrality and choosing pronouns, so I won't get into it, but it's summat this generation is going to have to deal with much more than my generation. Rolleyes

Sorry to digress from what was a very pleasant Fish & Chip day! Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Fish, chips and peas today for us today and I didn't know it was named day.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Vinnie, I was having much the same conversation with someone yesterday but from a different angle. About mothers to be who ask for free stuff for their baby that must be either blue or pink depending on what they're expecting.. They may already have all the stuff in one colour but, because its the wrong one, they'll chuck it out rather than use it. Why didn't they buy green or yellow stuff to start with?
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
(27-05-2022, 04:28 PM)Veggie Wrote: Vinnie, I was having much the same conversation with someone yesterday but from a different angle. About mothers to be who ask for free stuff for their baby that must be either blue or pink depending on what they're expecting.. They may already have all the stuff in one colour but, because its the wrong one, they'll chuck it out rather than use it. Why didn't they buy green or yellow stuff to start with?
Just recently bought my first pink shirt. Cool When you get to my age you couldn't give a s**t what people think! Rolleyes Should have done it years ago.  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie