NGs diary comment thread
Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
Yes, I am being pedantic/picky/peculiar/pick your own word. Feel free to comment about that on this thread. In the meantime I will be working on my actual diary x x x Big Grin
1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4....
5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, more!
[-] The following 4 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Patiently procrastinating, pending publication ...............
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Vinny

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
Veggie you are awesome!!! (Just felt the need to say that)
[-] The following 4 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I know...........and so are you, NG. Big Grin
I've just read your diary. Apart from the pregnancy bit, it felt very familiar. I'm sure most of us have similar dreams of a piece of land, some livestock and lots of veg and flowers - then life/reality get in the way and bring you back to earth, with and without a "bump".
Its a new year, a new plan and I wish you well. I know you can do it NG. Do I really have to wait a month for the next instalment? .
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
Te he he, I only put to be continued as it was din dins. I shall hopefully get the update with pics on for tomorrow, but after that you are likely to have to wait a month I don't wish to bore anyone silly.
[-] The following 3 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Never bored reading about other people's hard work!! I can sit and read it all day.Big Grin
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
It certainly looks a good patch for a veg garden!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 6 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Very interesting beginning, looking forward to the next installment. You probably missed a lot not having goats and pigs but they could have been good or bad experiences.

We did something similar, 45 years ago but straight from getting married. Our first house had a brick built pigsty and some outbuildings so the first animals we got were 2 weaners from the local livestock market. Anyway, a few months later, I don't think my mother-in-law was very happy eating pork for lunch. We didn't stay there very long and where we live now doesn't have pigstys. When selling, I advertised it in the local paper: "Pigsty for sale (3 bed semi attached)." I only advertised it the once and it sold the same week.

We also kept 3 goats for a few years here. I agreed to have them on the strict understanding that I had nothing to do with them. However, the day after they arrived, Chris, my wife, was admitted to hospital because of a dangerous pregnancy complication and was in hospital for several months leaving me to milk and care for the goats. She never did take over when she came out. They were very destuctive and couldn't get enough of raspberry plants given the chance. I had a small rotavator at the time and all the wires on it disappeared one day. One of them must have eaten them but none fell unwell so it was a mystery.
[-] The following 7 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I used to want a Dexter cow, rather than goats as I'm not that partial to goat milk. Needless to say, my thoughts on converting the garage into a cowhouse didn't go down too well - no idea why. Wink
All I've had in terms of livestock are chickens and bees - that's my limit and, even the bees have gone now.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
You have set yourself a task there NG and hopefully it will work out for you. Cool

Looking forward to updates in future! Smile I always wanted to buy a croft but OH was a City Girl and not really into gardening or animal husbandry. Too old now, but maybe in a future life! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, Norfolk Grey, Veggie