Alstroemeria
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Just wondered if anyone has had much joy in growing these from seed? They are very expensive to buy as plants and last year I tried them from seed. From memory they took ages to germinate and I think from a full packet of seed I got one plant which died off because I forgot to water it. Rolleyes
What is the secret, does anyone know? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m trying at the moment. No sign of life from the seeds as yet. Sown New Year’s Day. I don’t know if they need heat , patients or anything else. As ever I’m making it up. Seeds collected from a local garden. So I have no information on when or how. Obviously I could & should google, but I haven’t.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

MartinH Offline
In a previous garden, I grew a patch of Ligtu Hybrid Alstromerias. It was a while ago, but I remember sowing in a tray and putting in the fridge for a bit.
[-] The following 2 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(02-02-2022, 08:32 PM)MartinH Wrote: In a previous garden, I grew a patch of Ligtu Hybrid Alstromerias. It was a while ago, but I remember sowing in a tray and putting in the fridge for a bit.
Thanks Martin. I think I will try seeds again as the plants are far too expensive! Cry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • MartinH

Admin Offline
The Boss
Temperature: It is recommended to place the seeds in dampened peat moss, seal in a ziploc bag and place the seeds in the refrigerator for 3 weeks. After the cold treatment, grow Peruvian Lily seed in 3 inch pots, 3 - 4 seeds in each pot and lightly cover them with soil. Place pots in 70F for germination.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Vinny