How big is your patch?
Broadway Offline
The plot I "borrow" is 240 square meters, I use about 1/2 so far.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(23-01-2022, 11:23 PM)Roitelet Wrote: 2,500 square meters which includes 90 square meters of veg plot, potager as it is known here. The French like big gardens!!!
That's huge! I always struggle with the grass/paths.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
My flower growing patch is only about 60 square metres. (Which I suspect is the bit you’re interested in Scarlet!)
From this I get approx thirty good bunches a week for twenty/twenty five weeks. Plus about twenty bunches of sweet peas per week during peak season.
It’s about the biggest area I can manage because I only sell one day per week and that’s about the maximum number of bunches I can cope with tying up.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Spec Offline
My veg plots are 9.8sq.mts and 4.6sq.mts. a 4sq.mts fruit bed, a 25sq.mt grass area surrounded by about an 8sq.mts of flower beds a 14sq.mt patio a 14ft X 8ft greenhouse and a12x9ft hut plus 3, 2sq mt flower boxes and in the summer 10 hanging baskets and 2 9section flower wall thingsRolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-01-2022, 02:15 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: My flower growing patch is only about 60 square metres. (Which I suspect is the bit you’re interested in Scarlet!)
From this I get approx thirty good bunches a week for twenty/twenty five weeks. Plus about twenty bunches of sweet peas per week during peak season.
It’s about the biggest area I can manage because I only sell one day per week and that’s about the maximum number of bunches I can cope with tying up.
30 bunches a week is pretty good? If I could get that I would be happy.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-01-2022, 03:23 PM)Spec Wrote: My veg plots are 9.8sq.mts and 4.6sq.mts. a 4sq.mts fruit bed, a 25sq.mt grass area surrounded by about an 8sq.mts of flower beds a 14sq.mt patio a 14ft X 8ft greenhouse and a12x9ft hut plus 3,  2sq mt flower boxes and in the summer 10 hanging baskets and 2 9section flower wall thingsRolleyes
Your flower boxes sound interesting? I haven't measured my flower beds but I have 3 that are 10ft deep - 2 that are full of ground elder. I tried cover them and planting on top. That didn't work so now I try to dig it out every year. It does mean that I only really have a "summer" garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Our plot in total is 3000 square metres and the potager is 150 square metres of which just under 100 is divided up into 11 beds with grass paths in between. There are ornamental beds close to the house, ornamental and fruit trees, fruit bushes, a pond and then a lot of grass, a chunk of which only gets cut once a year.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I definitely feel deprived. My entire back garden is 25 feet by 20 feet, including a 4ft x 8ft brick built shed.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 6 users Like Moth's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I grow more in a couple of GHs than I do in the rest of the garden. Sometimes, you can have more than you can cope with!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot

Spec Offline
(23-01-2022, 04:15 PM)JJB Wrote: No Sunday dinner here, never has been, even though P was brought up with proper Sunday lunch dead on time at 1.00pm.
When we were both employed Saturday and Sunday were 'working' days, usually in the garden. If we had stopped to eat midday, we'd never have got anything done, so weekend meals were usually rapid ones. Sunday was historically a getting down and dirty day so we would need baths to clean up and get ready for Monday work, so once again easy quick meals. Never bothered too much with roasts, except at Christmas.

Scarlet dateline[/quote' Wrote: Your flower boxes sound interesting? I haven't measured my flower beds but I have 3 that are 10ft deep - 2 that are full of ground elder. I tried cover them and planting on top. That didn't work so now I try to dig it out every year. It does mean that I only really have a "summer" garden.
Scarlet when I originally changed my flower beds, I had made them narrower and into raised beds I removed any perennials I wanted to keep then covered the ground, which contained ground elder, docks and bindweed along with several perennial plants, with several layers of cardboard I then covered that with clean soil, seaweed, compost and course sand I did get a show if the bindweed which I removed by hand and it has now been clear for 2 years
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, JJB