Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(25-01-2022, 03:11 PM)JJB Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 02:42 PM)Broadway Wrote: If we have a roast chicken it lasts us for 3 meals each so fairly resonable me thinks?

And if you're so inclined, soup/stock from the bones Smile  makes bagging the bones for the bin easier too.  Chicken has my vote every time.
The bits and pieces of meat are perfect for stirfry or curry - then you can make soup from the bones.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot

SarrissUK Offline
(25-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 03:11 PM)JJB Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 02:42 PM)Broadway Wrote: If we have a roast chicken it lasts us for 3 meals each so fairly resonable me thinks?

And if you're so inclined, soup/stock from the bones Smile  makes bagging the bones for the bin easier too.  Chicken has my vote every time.
I should do that again, I used to save it the old bits in the freezer then bung them all in the slow cooker to make stock.

Oh slow cooker chicken stock is just the best Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I usually use the pressure cooker on a chicken carcass, never thought to slow cook them. I'll have to experiment, although pressure cooking is incredibly quick.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
A half leg of lamb makes us 4 days of dinners 2 roasts, a curry then the bits go to make rissoles which go in the freezer for later.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Todays rendition. I served my Sunday dinner on a bonny plate I bought from B&M. Smile

Oven cooked stewing steak and onions with, spuds,swede,cauli and Sugersnap peas.

It was followed with wonky blueberries and chopped apricots coated in cream (which Kato got the most of!) Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie