2022 - What's made you happy today
SarrissUK Offline
It's Friday. That'll do!
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Days of rain forecast, and snow in the mountains..
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I've just been on nights for a few days, and part of my job when I'm on-call is leading the medical emergency/cardiac arrest team. During one night, one of the in-patients had a cardiac arrest. If you watch hospital dramas on the telly, you'd think that we get people back from a cardiac arrest all the time, but that's pure fantasy. Usually, even if we get the heart beating again, it doesn't last very long or the person is terribly damaged by it and either dies before discharge or is left terribly disabled.

I obviously can't go into any detail, but this person not only got a pulse back but has a good chance of doing well and getting home again. It's so incredibly rare that we get a result like that. I've been a doctor for more than ten years and I've only personally seen three or four cardiac arrests with good outcomes in all that time, and two of those were in very young fit people. Now just keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that this person continues to do well!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 8 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, doublyjonah, JJB, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Pros, your post makes me very happy. Thank you.Smile x
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina

JJB Offline
Moonraker
A very loud HOWZAT! to you and your team Pros hope you see a really good outcome for your patient. That is a significant happy story.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Seeing Jack today made me happy.
Jack is the collie that lives next door to our build. His dad works away occasionally and Jack goes with him. Notice dad came home last week. No sign of him or Jack on there daily walks. Jack is a very opinionated little collie ( gobbie! )so if we don’t see him we hear him. Not heard him at all. I was starting to think something horrible had happened. So seeing Jack made me very happy. He’s a great dog, made as a box of frogs.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Had a pheasant given me, that’ll be tomorrows dinner Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Some 15 years ago I planted a Crinium Powelli in a pot, which although it lived refused to flower. I got fed up with it and about three years I planted it in the ground to take its chances. Well today I noticed a flower bud!!! Just hope it flowers before the frosts.
[-] The following 5 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Broadway, Proserpina, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
A day of annual leave today. Looks like it's going to be too wet to get out in the garden, but I'm sure I can keep myself busy indoors (plus a fair bit of slobbing about!)
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Okay, it's really just been the slobbing... It's very cold (my thermostat says 10 degrees C!) so I probably would be better off doing my housework. Instead, I have fashioned gloves out of some old holey socks, put five tops/jumpers/fleeces on, and smothered myself with blankets Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Veggie