Scarlets Cut Flower Patch 2022/23/24
Farendwoman Offline
(04-04-2022, 09:29 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Planted up approx 50 snap dragons. These are in the row next to the anemones. Will also use this for my larkspur and maybe the sweet williams. Only dug /weeded half of it so far. It's 32 foot long. 
Maybe planted x8ft or so. These are planted 9inches apart. 5 rows.
A mix of Potomac orange/Potomac lavender - butterfly bronze to go in. These will be netted.
Can’t wait to see photos of all these once they start flowering.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(04-04-2022, 09:51 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 09:29 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Planted up approx 50 snap dragons. These are in the row next to the anemones. Will also use this for my larkspur and maybe the sweet williams. Only dug /weeded half of it so far. It's 32 foot long. 
Maybe planted x8ft or so. These are planted 9inches apart. 5 rows.
A mix of Potomac orange/Potomac lavender - butterfly bronze to go in. These will be netted.
Can’t wait to see photos of all these once they start flowering.
I'm hoping they aren't planted to close together? I've read that a 9inches spacing is ok when cutting. I need to get the netting up before they get too big.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The flowers are really kicking in now, anemones maybe a bit short? I should have made that tunnel. But the ranunculus has really been worth the effort.

My first bunches were made for the Easter weekend. Smile very chuffed.

I also made some daffodil bunches but forgot to take the photo!
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
This week I've planted in about 60 larkspur seedlings, 36 orlaya and potted up about 100 dahlias. There's a few more to do. I've found an old pack of eucalyptus seeds... I've sown those. Will sow some cosmos later but I really am running out of prepared space now. There's only so many flowerbeds I can keep up with.

When the ranunculus and anemones go over I can reuse those but I'm not sure when that will be. I am hoping to dig over one bed today for my achillea seedlings. I need the space in the greenhouse.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
I am really amazed and impressed by what you are achieving, Scarlet. So many beautiful flowers. My flower area is only small, so I am limited to about six or ten of each variety.
It blows my mind to think of the work and hours you’ve put in to have so many already in the ground - and the planning and organising to have yet more ready to go in.
Your garden will be beautiful for months and months!
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Stunning flowers. Makes me want to try ranunculus next year.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Give it a go - not much else can go in the greenhouse overwinter- the ones I planted outside a month or so ago are just getting buds. Really love the colour.

Bunches that went out this morning!

[-] The following 8 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
So lovely, Scarlet! Those colors are amazing. I finally managed to coax a ranculus into flowering but mine are white.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Scarlet is the lovely foliage Bupleurum ?

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-04-2022, 02:31 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Scarlet is the lovely foliage Bupleurum ?
No. It's euphorbia. Seared in hot water last night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman