Scarlets Cut Flower Patch 2022/23/24
Farendwoman Offline
My claryy (own saved from last year) germinated really quickly. Took it out of the propogator and it keeled over in two days. I always have trouble with this one!
Even made a note to myself not to sow it till late March but of course, ever hopeful, ignored my own advice and sowed it in February.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(06-03-2022, 08:15 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: My claryy (own saved from last year) germinated really quickly. Took it out of the propogator and it keeled over in two days. I always have trouble with this one!
Even made a note to myself not to sow it till late March  but of course, ever hopeful, ignored my own advice and sowed it in February.
If you have plenty of seed it's always worth a go. I tried the pink and white last year but didn't find them as vigorous as the purple...hoping I can get a few plants at least.
sown loads of it this morningSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman

Farendwoman Offline
Good. I shall sow lots more too.
Incidentally, my billy buttons haven’t germinated. Yours were quick weren't they?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(06-03-2022, 03:54 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Good. I shall sow lots more too.
Incidentally, my billy buttons haven’t germinated. Yours were quick weren't they?
Mine were quick but they are very slow growing. Have you grown them before?

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It's been so sunny I've really tried to make the most of the weather.
I've potted up lots of dahlias - still loads to do.

I've slowed down on the seed sowing. Really worried about where I'm going to put stuff.

The anemones outside are starting to flower.

Buds are forming on the ranunculus planted in GH2

Today I've planted up another bed outside with the last of the ranunculas.
I've a few more anemones to finish planting up.

I'm hoping I can get my snap dragons in before the weekend.

Daucus and ammi are planted up. These I planted through weed membrane. I dug it over but I've lots of weed seeds in it. So the builders left loads of weed fabric - so I've used that. Planted in 24 plants of each with a 30cm spacing. It's pretty tight    

[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(24-03-2022, 01:08 AM)Scarlet Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 03:54 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Good. I shall sow lots more too.
Mine were quick but they are very slow growing. Have you grown them before?
No - haven’t grown them before but have been fancying them for a long time. Mine have just started to break the surface - not lots, just a few. I had almost got round to giving up and chucking them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(24-03-2022, 01:16 AM)Scarlet Wrote: It's been so sunny I've really tried to make the most of the weather.

I've slowed down on the seed sowing. Really worried about where I'm going to put stuff.

Daucus and ammi are planted up. These I planted through weed membrane. I dug it over but I've lots of weed seeds in it. So the builders left loads of weed fabric - so I've used that. Planted in 24 plants of each with a 30cm spacing. It's pretty tight
I am so jealous of all those lovely seedlings.  I am so far behind you. My daucus and ammi seedlings are teeny little things still in the pots I sowed them in. Your bunches are going to be fabulous.  Thank goodness that my sweet peas are doing well. So far they’re the only things I’m pleased with.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-03-2022, 09:28 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(24-03-2022, 01:16 AM)Scarlet Wrote: It's been so sunny I've really tried to make the most of the weather.

I am so jealous of all those lovely seedlings.  I am so far behind you. My daucus and ammi seedlings are teeny little things still in the pots I sowed them in. Your bunches are going to be fabulous.  Thank goodness that my sweet peas are doing well. So far they’re the only things I’m pleased with.
They aren't super big but I needed the space in the greenhouse. Hoping that planting out now will give them a growth spurt. They were in 9cm pots. Ammi visnaga

[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
They are super size, Scarlet. I don’t think I can bring myself to post a photo of mine!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Oh alright …. Got to give you a laugh!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie