Scarlets Cut Flower Patch 2022/23/24
Farendwoman Offline
Should be great later on for cutting!
Thank you.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

Amaranth just starting to sprout.

Dahlias, statice and mallow seedlings

A greenhouse update... taken today 28th April. Things are definitely a bit behind. Ideally I should be planting out somethings but its as the hardy annuals were late and the weather hasnt been great for getting the beds done Im a bit behind again.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

My hibiscus mahogany splendor - not sure they will ever be big enough to cut for foliade!
A few more from the greenhouse

Mint and straw flowers - cosmos apricotta

Euphorbia - snow on the mountain
And Garrets nicotiana - some have been planted out and slugged!

Dahlias
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
You look so organised Scarlet.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
They look great, even if things feel a bit behind this year, Scarlet. My dahlias are new and potted up not too long ago, but are just now looking like they're interested in putting on some real growth. Hopefully it's all up from here. I live in anticipation of the beautiful flower photos.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-03-2023, 02:59 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(18-03-2023, 09:32 AM)Scarlet Wrote: What variety did you get? Eucalyptus are fast growing trees, when they start. They came up within a couple of weeks. I had a book for Christmas on eucalyptus growing by Hilary collins "Fantastic Foliage and how to grow it - the essential guide on growing eucalyptus" its a really good read.
Unfortunately with the cold we had this year my trees didnt stand a chance - I think they are expected to live to -10 - -15 but Im also in a windy spot so think that didnt help.
Finally remembered to look. I’ve got eucalyptus small - leaved gum.  I’ve just sown some on your recommendation, rather then wait till the new garden is ready. So if they germinate we can do a eucalyptus swap, if you like.
The babies are growing slowly.       
I have 5 so I can send you a couple when they’re bigger.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-04-2023, 10:40 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(20-03-2023, 02:59 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(18-03-2023, 09:32 AM)Scarlet Wrote: What variety did you get? Eucalyptus are fast growing trees, when they start. They came up within a couple of weeks. I had a book for Christmas on eucalyptus growing by Hilary collins "Fantastic Foliage and how to grow it - the essential guide on growing eucalyptus" its a really good read.
Unfortunately with the cold we had this year my trees didnt stand a chance - I think they are expected to live to -10 - -15 but Im also in a windy spot so think that didnt help.
Finally remembered to look. I’ve got eucalyptus small - leaved gum.  I’ve just sown some on your recommendation, rather then wait till the new garden is ready. So if they germinate we can do a eucalyptus swap, if you like.
The babies are growing slowly.  
I have 5 so I can send you a couple when they’re bigger.
Mine are tiny too... not much root growth bit i am hoping to use my non barcoded stamps before they run out! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The weather temperatures havent dropped to low lately so I have started to plant things out.
Ive found that some seedlings really havent got a good root system. Im keeping everything crossed that now they are out in the garden they will ut on more growth. I've definitely struggled with the compost this year.

This is a new bed - Ive covered this with weed suppresant to help with the weed pressure.

These two beds are approx 14 x 4
The statice I've planted out at 9inch apart, 5 staggered rows. appox 90 plants
The smaller seedlings are green amaranth (32 plants)and hot biscuits (24 plants) - spacing a foot apart. 4 rows in the bed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My fox glove bed - I think they are a few weeks later than last year.

The lupins are just starting to show thier spikes.

The vebena hastata is really putting on some good growth             
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What are "hot biscuits"?

EDIT - I've goggled and they're Amaranthus.

As you were. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.