Scarlets Cut Flower Patch 2022/23/24
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sown more lavetera in the hope they sprout.
Cornflowers - mix of colours.

Both pots in the prop.

Sweetpea sprouts potted up and gone upto the greenhouse.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Potted on about 8 mont blanc lavatera - these were sown before Xmas.

Now in a load of pots I've some Knautia pastels and some eryngium that need planting out.

I really would like to put these in rows so easy for cutting. I don't want to take any space from my dahlia patch. I'm really struggling on deciding to just go for it and start another patch of ground for growing?? Or stick them
I'm my borders. The hood thing about using a new patch is I can support them with netting and they will be easy to pick.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ok - after a million and one try's I think I finally have a YouTube account. My video was 5 mins long but it would only allow me to upload 1minute of it! I will try harder tomorrowBig Grin ...fingers crossed this works!

https://youtu.be/dhogwa8u034
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You sound more West Country than Welsh, Scarlet. You've been living over the border for too long. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Vinny

Farendwoman Offline
(11-01-2022, 10:12 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Moved out Fews straw flowers from the prop - lots germinated already.
Yes .... they’re brilliant aren’t they Scarlet.
I've still got some in a cold unheated greenhouse  that I sowed in autumn to test for viability before including them in the seed swop. Really didn’t expect them to still be thriving.
good job we don’t live near each other - we’d both be trying to sell our cut flowers to the same customers!
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(23-01-2022, 12:17 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 10:12 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Moved out Fews straw flowers from the prop - lots germinated already.
I've still got some in a cold unheated greenhouse  that I sowed in autumn to test for viability before including them in the seed swop. Really didn’t expect them to still be thriving.
good job we don’t live near each other - we’d both be trying to sell our cut flowers to the same customers!
I think we would have fun swapping plants Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Bells of Ireland - these went in the fridge on the 7th Jan. I've just taken them out and put in the prop.

I've never really had much luck with these. Very little germination- fingers crossed I'm luckier this time.

Sidalcea - Party Girl. Same as the Bells. Maybe should have been in the fridge a little longer but I'll check how they go.

Farendwoman Offline
(23-01-2022, 12:39 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Bells of Ireland - these went in the fridge on the 7th Jan. I've just taken them out and put in the prop.

I've never really had much luck with these. Very little germination- fingers crossed I'm luckier this time.

Sidalcea - Party Girl. Same as the Bells. Maybe should have been in the fridge a little longer but I'll check how they go.
Same here Scarlet.
never had any luck with  bells of Ireland. Though a market near me makes me green with envy when I see their huge long stems of it every year!
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Scarlet

Farendwoman Offline
(23-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(23-01-2022, 12:17 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
I think we would have fun swapping plants Wink
I agree!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
So today I did another couple of hours digging up my raspberry patch.

I dug up a perennial phlox and split it into about 8 small bits. These have been potted by up into small pots to grow on before putting in the garden.

I also dug up some mint roots and did B the same. Only 3 pots here. My fingers got too cold so I had to come in.
Will do some more mint cuttings tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • MartinH