Scarlets Cut Flower Patch 2022/23/24
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
The anemones are absolutely gorgeous but some stems are short - I really think it's because they haven't had a drink in a long time - I am considering using the hose. 

The seedlings are starting to pile up waiting to get a space in the beds! I've got 2 loosely dug
- but it's big clods all on top - and so dry. Fingers crossed we get some rain tomorrow!
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

I've not updated this as much as I've wanted to, was was away for a few days then, I had relatives here from France, then a friend for nearly a fortnight as she is recovering from a major op... But I still managed to get the flowers out, just not got as much planted in as I would like. The heat is not my Friend either / so no gardening the last couple of days.

WhT I'm picking at the moment. There's an odd ranunculus or anemone - but really they have finished, sweet rocket is finished, I could have used buckets of this. Lychnis, and salvia caradonna and nepeta are all fab as fillers. The nepeta has been nearly all picked. Knautia- several colours give a little ping. I've cut a few lupins, snapdragons have kicked in as have the larkspur. Sweet williams haven't been brilliant - but I have had a reasonable amount to cut. Stems are short. I've used the odd poppy seed head and also album seed heads. Lavatera is pretty amazing, perennial giant scabious - just few but are quite special.
Hoping to sow biennials tomorrow- started some today.
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
A few bunches from the last few weeks...

SC's lupins!
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Just beautiful Scarlet.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Stunning.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Scarlet

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
You are an inspiration Scarlet! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-06-2022, 08:55 AM)Vinny Wrote: You are an inspiration Scarlet! Cool

ooh! I like that! Thank you very much.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thank you all. I must admit I can't believe I've never done it before. Thoroughly enjoyed researching varieties that are better for cutting - I don't think my body can cope with what my brain wants but I've enjoyed trying. Hoping to get more borders done for next year by with my fingers crossed that I can cope with the work. Though I think when the beds are done it's nit so much of a task?
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Absolutey lovely and a reminder to me (again) that there's more to a garden than shrubs and vegetables!!
Every year I say I must do more pretty things and then fail... In the winter, I'm going to go back through your posts and Make a List - they only way I get things done.
Thank you Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-06-2022, 11:47 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Absolutey lovely and a reminder to me (again) that there's more to a garden than shrubs and vegetables!!
Every year I say I must do more pretty things and then fail... In the winter, I'm going to go back through your posts and Make a List - they only way I get things done.
Thank you Smile
 You could sow some biennials now? less work to do in Spring.

So this month Ive sown some sweet william, canterbury bells, foxgloves, sweet Rocket - these have all germinated and are outside in seed trays. I will prick out and pot on when they go a few leaves.
Just about to do some Iceland poppies and some honesty....Ive also ordered some ranunculus bulbs as the ones I grew in the greenhouse look very small  -not sure how to store those until SEptember? any ideas..

My anemone bed is getting replanted with cosmos..I really hope the corms survive in the ground.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie