What's in flower on 1st of month?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Daffs, doronicum, selfheal and the odd daisy in the lawn, vinca, iberis, bittercress (when isn't that in flower?), primrose and polyanthus, grape and normal hyacinth, the odd Crocus still hanging in there. There maybe more when I go out to look properly.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Bren Offline
Daffodils, primulas and Kale.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(01-04-2023, 08:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'd forgotten it was the 1st today! From memory:-
Daffodils, tulips, grape hyacinths, hyacinths, camellia, forsythia, flowering currant, cherry, peach and plum trees, primrose, yellow and red, celandine, daisy, periwinkle, forgetmenot, aubretia,
Adding Honesty, violets, kerria, white comfrey, dandelion, lovage.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
My daffodils, tulips, cherry blossom and my Japanese cherry, some primroses and violas and just noticed some heathers.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

MartinH Offline
It was a lovely day today so I took photos of flowers that were out yesterday...

Polyanthus and wallflowers that I grew from seed:

A flowering current and a Mahonia, both in the garden when we moved in:

Pieris and Forsythia, also here when we came. I am hoping the young growth on the Pieris survives the next couple of cold nights (it got hit last year):

Daffodills, a Viola, Lungwort, here when we came (although I've planted quite a few more daffs to keep this one company):

Dog violets and dandelions:

[-] The following 7 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(02-04-2023, 04:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes
Do you have wood pigeons?  The ones round our way go for the fruitlets on both plum and pear trees. And this year I'm sure they have been going for the blossom buds already. Also squirrels go for the fruit before it ripens.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Bullfinches are the problem here. I've been watching them this week, pecking the apple tree buds. I'm going to bag some of the fruit this year.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
The bull finches here decimate the cherry tree buds
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(02-04-2023, 08:30 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 04:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes
Do you have wood pigeons?  The ones round our way go for the fruitlets on both plum and pear trees. And this year I'm sure they have been going for the blossom buds already. Also squirrels go for the fruit before it ripens.
Pigeons have mine Sad its got progressively worse... I can usually count at least half a dozen pigeons in the garden at the same time. They even get in the greenhouse sometimes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie