Poppies?
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
They look like the classic field poppy to ,e, just teeny becaue as you say there aren't enough nutrients. We had a sea of them the first summer we were here (it was a building site) and they still pop up big in the veg garden and tiny like yours in the gravel drive.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-06-2021, 06:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Love poppies (and puppies) but can't grow them. Time to try harder.
Yes please. Smile
As if by magic. I've just spotted a poppy in the garden - just leaves, no flowers yet, but I'm quietly confident. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Proserpina, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
As promised I took a couple of photos earlier of the single poppies that have popped up on waste ground on my plot. Smile Its hard to tell from my photo with my wind up phone, but they are a similar coloured two tone pink to admins double poppies.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-06-2021, 01:25 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I snapped these quickly as I was passing by so that quality isn't great, but here are the tiny poppies:

These are growing out of moss that is directly on top of the carpark surface. I'm not sure if they are small just because they are deprived of nutrients, or if they are actually a tiny form of poppy. They are nice though Smile
Think I’ve just found your poppies I’m my wild flower book.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Proserpina, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(24-06-2021, 06:32 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(22-06-2021, 01:25 AM)Proserpina Wrote: I snapped these quickly as I was passing by so that quality isn't great, but here are the tiny poppies:

These are growing out of moss that is directly on top of the carpark surface. I'm not sure if they are small just because they are deprived of nutrients, or if they are actually a tiny form of poppy. They are nice though Smile
Think I’ve just found your poppies I’m my wild flower book.
That looks right, thank you Smile
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Vinny Wrote: As promised I took a couple of photos earlier of the single poppies that have popped up on waste ground on my plot. Smile Its hard to tell from my photo with my wind up phone, but they are a similar coloured two tone pink to admins double poppies.
They are lovely!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man