Poppies?
Admin Offline
The Boss
There are loads of these poppies growing on some of the vaccant plots...stunning to look at.

Might try some seed saving if anyone is interested

I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Love poppies (and puppies) but can't grow them. Time to try harder.
Yes please. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Scarlet, Small chilli

Admin Offline
The Boss
Will see what I can do Wink
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes please, they are beautiful  Cool
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Jimny14 Offline
They are very impressive but to my aesthetic the double headed poppies aren't my thing. I love the species poppies with the open flower heads though.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(19-06-2021, 08:06 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: They are very impressive but to my aesthetic the double headed poppies aren't my thing. I love the species poppies with the open flower heads though.
That's what I have on a small uncultivated area on one of my diagonal beds. They are four feet tall and have wonderful pink single flowers 4 inches in diameter.
I have no Idea where they have come from as there weren't any on the plot last year? I will deffo be trying to get some seeds from them and will take a piccie tomorrow if I think on! Smile

I need to cultivate the bed but will try to work around them until they have set seed. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14

Jimny14 Offline
[quote pid='25644' dateline='1624130008']

That's what I have on a small uncultivated area on one of my diagonal beds. They are four feet tall and have wonderful pink single flowers 4 inches in diameter.
I have no Idea where they have come from as there weren't any on the plot last year? I will deffo be trying to get some seeds from them and will take a piccie tomorrow if I think on! Smile

I need to cultivate the bed but will try to work around them until they have set seed. Rolleyes
[/quote]

When you collect seed just make sure to leave some where they were and more importantly spread some seed in the area they would be the most annoying, especially if you then ignore them. You can guarantee the ones where you didn't want em will be the only ones to flourish.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yes please they're stunning.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
This is timely. I also spotted some random poppies growing in an unloved section of carpark near my accommodation. However, these were rather odd as the flowers are absolutely tiny - maybe the size of my thumbnail. Definitely poppies as the leaves are right, and some of them were starting to form seed-heads. I'll see if I can get a picture when I go out tomorrow.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I snapped these quickly as I was passing by so that quality isn't great, but here are the tiny poppies:

These are growing out of moss that is directly on top of the carpark surface. I'm not sure if they are small just because they are deprived of nutrients, or if they are actually a tiny form of poppy. They are nice though Smile
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 6 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny