Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I didn't say I'd be eating the meat, did I Wink. Don't forget I have 3 dogs.Smile
All yellow stickered - down to 20%. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I wish we had a Morries nearby. Mr. Tesco doesn't reduce things as low as he used to. It's an insult sometimes, a reduction of 20p on a £5 item is miserly.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I find that timing is important if you want bargains. I used to go Sunday afternoons about 3 - as they close at 4 - but so did everyone else and, especially at the height of lockdown, I didn't want to get too close to other shoppers. So I went in the evenings - 7pm seemed to be a good time for reductions. However, twice recently, I've been the shop about 2pm and they've been marking stuff down to 20%. Unsold stuff would be discounted further - to maybe 5% at 7pm, but, by then, the best stuff has been snapped up.
I can just about afford 20% even though I'm a widow and a pensioner with a bus pass.Big Grin
So there, Spec!!

Jay Offline
Afternoon! Hope this finds you all well.
Sorting out a bedroom for the first visit of our 4 month old granddaughter and heard a funny noise. Turns out we had a wasp nest in the wall cavity!! Quick call to the local gamekeeper/pest controller and it’s gone! Quite small so we obviously got it in time. Phew...at least she doesn’t have to share a room with a bunch of wasps. Big Grin
Have a great day everyone.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Jay Offline
Afternoon, lovely day today. Waiting for plumber...2 leaking radiators and 2 dripping taps!! Why does everything happen at once?
Enjoy your day.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(07-07-2021, 12:19 PM)Jay Wrote: Afternoon, lovely day today. Waiting for plumber...2 leaking radiators and 2 dripping taps!! Why does everything happen at once?
Enjoy your day.

Be thankful for small  mercies, at least you'll get all the jobs done with one plumber vist.........maybe  Wink
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Jay Offline
Three out of four fixed! The bath tap needs a ‘some sort of special disc’. We have to contact supplier who probably won’t be able to supply it! Go figure!

Morning all, hope you have a fab day.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Morning, recovering hopefully from a visit to hospital last Tuesday. Not been in garden for a week and lots wants picking. Could be 6 weeks before fully recovered. Chris, my wife has been doing what she can, mainly watering the greenhouse plants but also picking gooseberries, tomatoes, red currants, courgettes and peas. And dug up a few potatoes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Hope your recovery continues well Mark.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Get well soon, Mark x
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB