Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Evening from a cold but snow free South Wales.
Just to make you laugh I'll tell you about my visit to Morries this afternoon - first time shopping for a couple of weeks - only went because I needed essentials like dog food.Wink
Put on my mask and disposable gloves before collecting a trolley and trundling it over to the disinfecting point - where you take a piece of paper towel, squirt it with sanitiser, wipe down the trolley handle and dispose of the paper towel in the bin. Then you squirt hand sanitiser on your hands and enter the store,

Under the watchful eye of the Morries assistant, I attempted to tear off a strip of paper towel from the dispenser but, tug as I might, it was jammed in the hole. Since I was wearing gloves I thought I would squirt the sanitiser on my gloves and slide them over the handle ---------meanwhile the queue is building up behind me.

Not one of my best ideas!!! I may have been a bit heavy handed with the sanitiser as it squirted out all over me, my coat, my everything except my gloves.  Blush

The Morries assistant was sniggering behind her mask, the queue was laughing  and all I could do was announce that I was thoroughly disinfected and perfectly safe!! 

At least face masks are a good disguise and they may not recognise me next time!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Vinny

Bren Offline
Veggie you're braver than the man who was in front of me in  Aldi  he missed with the  hand sanitiser  soaking the front of his trousers  Blush   he turned round and said 'I'll come back later' then went and got in his car.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I might have chickened out too if it looked as if I'd wet myself. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Jay Offline
Evening all, hope this finds you all well. Haven’t been on for ages, no idea why just becoming really lazy.
Nothing happening here, same as everywhere. We have been hoping to see our daughter and son in law but this Covid thing keeps getting in the way. Hoping the restrictions don’t prevent us meeting our first grandchild!!
Love reading your stories Veggie, really cheers me up.
Anyhoo off for a catch up, see you all later. X
West of Scotland
[-] The following 5 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Lovely to see you Jay. x
The only daft happening I have to share today involves the chooks and the dogs,
I collect all the kitchen veg peelings and plant odd and ends in a bowl which is chucked into the old chook run for them to furtle around in. The latest bowl had lots of potato and carrot peelings, bread crusts and leek trimmings.
As I threw the scraps into the run, Ted bolted in and "caught" all the scraps on his back. I'll leave you to imagine what a brown dog looks like wearing a coating of carrot and potato peelings!!Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ at least he wasnt wearing the remains of last night's beans an fried egg, that could have been nasty
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Jay Offline
Thank you Veggie!! Smile

Afternoon everyone, it’s rather dull here. I’m kind of bumbling about today doing a lot of nothing!
Hope you all have a good day. x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Happy Monday.Smile
Haven't been here much today - had to take my little car for its first ever MOT. It should have been in June but because of Covid, DVLA extended the MOT dates by 6 months, pushing mine to 29th December! Fat chance of finding an MOT station open between Christmas and New Year.
The Garage man said it would take an hour/hour and a half but he'd ring me if it was ready sooner. Fortunately, it wasn't raining as I had to go walkabout for 90 minutes. Lots of shops nearby but I couldn't buy anything big as I'd have to carry it around with me.......so I browsed the shelves.
Have you seen those round, plate-size tins of Vaseline lip balms and handcream? There were some at halfprice in one shop but on a shelf above my head so I couldn't see what was in the tin without taking a tin down. There was a sign that said "Ask for Assistance" but I thought that would be a bit embarrassing as I had no intention of buying one..........so I stretched up on my tippytoes and managed to catch hold of a tin...........but not very well!! It fell off the shelf, onto my head and bounced off into my trolley!!! Nonchalantly, I  picked it up, read the label  and sneaked it back on a lower shelf, then retreated around the corner to rub my sore head!!
While I was in the shop, I missed a phone call but decided to walk back to the garage rather than ring them. There was my car, sitting outside, waiting patiently. I gave it a pat on the bonnet and went into the garage, to be met with "I'm sorry, Its failed!!!." 
Impossible, I've hardly done any mileage, especially this year, but, it seems, that was the problem. All the fallen leaves and  larch needles from the woods across the road had been building up on the windscreen and, instead of clearing them off by hand, I've been using the windscreen wipers............this has damaged the wiper blades and I had to have new ones in order to pass the MOT.
So, be warned, clear the leaves yourself or pay the price.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My Monday was spent batch cooking with some of the summer's tomatoes, then writing Christmas cards.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Haven't you finished your cards yet?

I have finished mine.
I haven't started mine.

Both these statements are correct. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny