Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Bren Offline
My clutter is mostly in my craft room I've got far to many hobbies on  the go, then there's those that looked interesting but really weren't.  Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
(05-10-2020, 07:23 PM)Bren Wrote: My clutter is mostly in my craft room I've got far to many hobbies on  the go, then there's those that looked interesting but really weren't.  Rolleyes

Oh yes!  Like macramé
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Information 
Arternoon. Had a good session at the allotment earlier until rain stopped play. Normal rain I would normally work through but this became like standing in a shower at home.....with my clothes on. Confused
Anyway, after hoeing off the weeds where my broadies had been I planted five purple sprouting broccoli plants, which is enough for anyone I reckon. I allowed 1 metre betewen plants and expect a similar spread sideways.

I then strung out a straight line and dug a single spades width along it. After raking level I planted a row of Japanese onion sets along the centre of the dug area. I kept diving into the greenhouse when it rained but it eventually got ridiculous and I finished up with platform soles of mud on my feet. Time for a smart exit. Rolleyes

Harvested a couple of Butternut squash which I left in greenhouse, and four courgettes which are still producing.

Also took home a bag of stored Jap onions from the greenhouse where they have been drying.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Artnoon all.Smile
Dry and sunshiny here so I've been playing in the garden. Weeding the leeks, cutting dead leaves off the beets in the GH gutters and randomly scattering all the old spinach and rainbow chard seeds I could find in GH No 1. Lots of lettuce seedlings coming up in there so I'm aiming for a PYO GH full of leaves through winter. Tomatoes still fruiting in there so can't clear it completely - don't suppose I would anyway. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Jay Offline
Morning all, feeling lazy today hence the reason I’m copying and pasting what I wrote on the other forum!! Big Grin

Morning, chilly and dull this morning. Forgot to open the bedroom window last night so covered in condensation this morning...hate that!
Did a 5 mile walk yesterday so was quite pleased with myself although legs did hurt later on when trying to get off the couch!! ’
Hope you are all well. Not been on for a couple of days so off for a catch up! Stay safe and have a great day. x
West of Scotland

Bren Offline
(05-10-2020, 07:49 PM)JJB Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 07:23 PM)Bren Wrote: My clutter is mostly in my craft room I've got far to many hobbies on  the go, then there's those that looked interesting but really weren't.  Rolleyes

Oh yes!  Like macramé
Mine was lace making I did make a few bits then couldn't think what to do with them  Rolleyes    I did  edge  a  pin cushion  with lace but that was the only  piece that got used.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • JJB

JJB Online
Moonraker
Afternoon all. Mucky job today. No. 1 compost is empty and was very rooty at the bottom this year. Not surprising really as it's under a conker tree. So my task today, should I accept it, is to unearth the rusting corrugated iron sheets that form the base and dig down a ways to get rid of roots then line with membrane in an effort to reduce root incursions. Then start putting in some of the stuff from the garden tidy up. Not sure it will get completed today though. Himself is swanning off into town so I'm left to my own devices - be afraid, very afraid Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Evening all.

Productive day today. Cool Managed to get another two rows of Senshyu onion sets planted . Pulled up all my remaining French beans but still left the climbing version to dry off. Hoed and raked the area they were in. Harvested a turnip and a huge Parsnip which took some getting out of the ground.
Stripped the ripe tomatoes and chillies from the greenhouse.

This afternoon decided to turn my hand to cooking again. Made a blackberry crumble  and a corned beef and potato pie. I have never made a quiche before and the one I made I christened a 'Crocodile Dundee quiche' It is really tasty but it looks like S**t. Big Grin

Anyway, time for bed now after binge viewing Stargate SG1. Just started series 2, only another 9 series to go at a guess. Rolleyes

Night night!
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Morning All

Certainly feeling autumnal today.

Off to the plots to continue digging a 10" deep trench around the plots. Once complete it will be home to some galvanised mesh with 10mm holes. The plan is to reduce the amount of fury visitors over the winter months.

They will still climb the metre high fence but will have to work for their dinner!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Norfolk Grey

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
Hi All,

Yes I am definitely not a figment of your imagination, I am really here. Just having a read and a catch up and hope to be popping in more frequently once this real life stuff eases up. Hope you are all good. x x x
1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4....
5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, more!
[-] The following 4 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Veggie