Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,131
Grandma's know everything - or so they say!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,132
^^I'm sure that's another of those myths they tell children to unsettle them, like my mother's assertion she had eyes in her backside so she could see what my brother and I got up to. Even more unsettling - we believed her!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,133
What a strange place to have eyes!! My Mum's were in the back of her head. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,134
(22-12-2021, 11:45 AM)Veggie Wrote: What a strange place to have eyes!! My Mum's were in the back of her head. Big Grin

I may  have mentioned it before but it all  stemmed from mother having recycled some old kitchen curtains into a skirt. The material had a green background with various breakfast item pictures scattered around. Sausages,  bacon, fried eggs etc. Whether by design, I know not, but it turned out she had 2 fried eggs on her bum, so she made the most of it and convinced us they were magic  eyes that could see what we were doing even when  her back was turned. Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,135
No, I haven't heard that story before!! Brilliant bit of recycling too.Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,136
Good morning everyone

Hope you’re all having a wonderful day what ever you’re doing.
I was about to start the opening of presents. Apparently we can’t do that yet because mine still isn’t wrapped  Rolleyes . Nothing like leaving it until the last minute! Especially when I know whatever it is arrived last week  Rolleyes . 
So when he’s finished his second cup of coffee he’ll want reminding yet again where we keep the wrapping paper & tape    Big Grin . It better happen soon because I’ve got to start cooking lunch. The most important part of the day
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,137
Happy BumHug Day.Smile
I've just done something incredibly festive................I want you to be the first to know.Smile

I've eaten 2 tangerines.Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Jay Offline
#1,138
Afternoon, hope you are all well. Nothing much on today…a walk in the park and lunch outdoors if weather behaves!
No sign of Vinny yet? Hope he is ok.
Have yourselves a lovely day and will catch up with you later.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,139
Doing fine here thanks Jay Smile
shopping this morning not done much since mostly reading and jumping around on my trampoline because I didn't fancy getting wet in the rain.
Just now I'm eating carrot cake.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
#1,140
I've been to that big Swedish shop today and bought some stuff... I ripped out two shallow kitchen cupboards in an awkward spot earlier this year and replaced them with two Billy bookcases, with the extensions on top so they near enough reach the ceiling. I've put part glazed doors on and it looks ever so smart and gives HUGE amounts of storage. I bought the doors assuming there would be two doors in a pack but.... alas.. there's just one. I bought the additional two full height doors and two for the extension shelves today. That little project made me so happy I might start planning a new kitchen haha
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie