Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
#1,111
Morning all

just had Kato out down the woods on a rather wet and windy morning. I looked at venison the other day in the butchers but went for my usual 'leg-o-mince' and some steak & Kidney instead which I had for my Sunday dinner! Rolleyes Halved button mushrooms and a home grown onion were added to S&K and the gravy was to die for. Trying to be as carb free as possible so had a whole mashed swede and some brocolli with it. Smile
Meatless Monday today so I will have to have a look and see what I have. Luckily eggs and cheese are meatless so thats a good start. Not sure whether fish is meatless? but I have Fishy Friday anyway so maybe leave any fish until then.
Decoations are down from attic but not fully set up yet so thats maybe an indoor job for today?

Tatty bye
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,112
Afternoon Smile

I went out earlier shopping calling in at the charity shop didn't spot anything I fancied this time. I'd not been home long when the snow started then in last few mins its tuned to rain and its all vanished. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
#1,113
7am shuttle bus from one hospital to the other, 8.30am appointment, back on the 10am shuttle.

May need surgery next year, will depend on the views of the anaesthetist as I'm deemed high risk.

Happy daysSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,114
Best of luck for which ever way you want it to go, Danny.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
#1,115
Morning all

Woke up late with a banging headaxche and a nose bleed. Sick First time I have had one of those in a while. Dried up quickly and headach has gone now thank gawd.
I can only put it down to over indulgence last night while watching Connor Benn (Son of Nigel Benn) score a fabtastic knockout of a world class contender. In my opinion he is now out of his fathers shadow and and is world class in his own right! Cool

Ineed to walk Kato (Due a long walk this morning methiks to clear my head) then Sunday dinner making time. Bought stewing steak yesterday and I fancy a beef stew just like me ma used to make. No tatties though, just piles of mixed vegetables with it. Smile After that another dog walk and if ther is any daylight left after that a trip tpo allotment to take kitchen waste to compost and woodash to spread about. Maybe a bit of weeding as well.

TTFN
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,116
Hello G'an'G,Smile Its been another wet day so I went yellow sticker hunting, for a change, Wink
There I am, mooching around wondering when they'll mark down the yellow stickers further, when along comes a lady with her trolley full of plants - poinsettias and a potted Christmas tree, about 3' tall.
She walked over and said "Can I ask you a question?". I thought it would be something on the lines of "Where do they keep the?" but no......... it was "Do you think this tree is worth £40?".
I tried not to react too strongly, in case she thought it was a bargain, but, whilst it was a nicely shaped, blue spruce (I think), no way was it worth £40. Tentatively, I said that it was a good tree if she intended to plant it in the garden, but, if it was just for this year, it was very expensive.
Fortunately she agreed and said she was going to put it back on the shelf.
I bought a poinsettia there last week, yellow stickered down to 75p - a few dead leaves/bracts taken off and its as good as a £3 one. No £40 tree here. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • MartinH, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
#1,117
(13-12-2021, 09:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Hello G'an'G,Smile Its been another wet day so I went yellow sticker hunting, for a change, Wink
There I am, mooching around wondering when they'll mark down the yellow stickers further, when along comes a lady with her trolley full of plants - poinsettias and a potted Christmas tree, about 3' tall.
She walked over and said "Can I ask you a question?". I thought it would be something on the lines of "Where do they keep the?" but no......... it was "Do you think this tree is worth £40?".
I tried not to react too strongly, in case she thought it was a bargain, but, whilst it was a nicely shaped, blue spruce (I think), no way was it worth £40. Tentatively, I said that it was a good tree if she intended to plant it in the garden, but, if it was just for this year, it was very expensive.
Fortunately she agreed and said she was going to put it back on the shelf.
I bought a poinsettia there last week, yellow stickered down to 75p - a few dead leaves/bracts taken off and its as good as a £3 one. No £40 tree here. Big Grin
Our ornamental Christmas tree must be about 30 years old and probably cost a couple of squid back then! Smile Its been in three attics as far as I remember! Rolleyes

I did pay a couple of squid for a Poinsettia which looks very Christmassy stuck in the window, where it gets loads of light and will hopefully holdt its coloured bracts for quite a while. Cool When you look at the cost of a bunch of flowers these days, poinsettias seem a good buy.
My yelow sticker hunts aren't being too successful lately so maybe a few tips on your behalf Veggie wouldn't go amiss? Huh
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
#1,118
Morning all

Same old, same old today dog walking, deciding what to do in between dog walks then dog walks again! Rolleyes Oh yes, last Rockfit of 2021 tonight then apparently we go to the online version over the Christmas period. Smile Never pranced around in the house to rock music so that should be something new for me, and the neighbours too! Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,119
Evening All. Smile You're all so quiet I guess you must be putting up the decorations, writing cards and wondering what you've forgotten to do.
I popped into Morries today - just looking you understand - and I came out empty-handed. This may be a first.
It was heaving there so I didn't hang around. Most of the Christmas gifts had been reduced - so if you're struggling for a last minute gift - including some RHS gifts, look no further.
Not long now to the longest night/shortest day "equinox" (just to wind up Mark Wink) Anyone else getting exciting about their first seed sowing of 2022? - What will yours be?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,120
(17-12-2021, 07:46 PM)Veggie Wrote: Evening All. Smile You're all so quiet I guess you must be putting up the decorations, writing cards and wondering what you've forgotten to do.
I popped into Morries today - just looking you understand - and I came out empty-handed. This may be a first.
It was heaving there so I didn't hang around. Most of the Christmas gifts had been reduced - so if you're struggling for a last minute gift - including some RHS gifts, look no further.
Not long now to the longest night/shortest day "equinox" (just to wind up Mark Wink) Anyone else getting exciting about their first seed sowing of 2022? - What will yours be?
Thinking about putting up decorations. Done with present & card organising. First seed sowing will be perennial flowers. 

I’ve been doing lots of planning my new garden collecting wood & removing the bark for a gate & rose arch. 
Doing lot of research & designing a laundry room for one of the holiday houses.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Veggie