Freecycle and similar websites
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Caught the bus into town and took a bag of clothes and shoes to the charity shop as resolved in the new year. Brought a book home. I'm happy with that.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
     I've just collected a Wormery and an aquaponics/hydroponics unit (not really sure what the difference is (unless its fish).
Haven't had chance to look at the latter thingy yet as its  too wet here/ I've bunged it all in GH1 for now.
The Wormery is one of those big bin ones, I already have a couple in my compost corner. You can never have too many. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN today came a bag of OLIO odds and ends. Sandwiches and wraps (most of which will be emptied of their contents for the dogs). Sushi, sausages, cooked ham, bread rolls.
OUT went 4 cookery books and an orange waterproof cycling jacket. I had thought of wearing it in the garden but the orange was a bit overwhelming.

EDIT - 8 more cookery & gardening books being collected tonight. They're going to a charity book stall.

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Had my weekly shopping trip to the Pantry this morning. I seem to get enough food to last the week. Not bad for a tenner.
Two bags of KFC (sorry SC), a beef lasagne and a chicken pasta dish, 2 macaroni cheese and some vegan bacon bits which I'll add to the macaroni to give it some texture, sweet chilli hummus, two Garlic and mozzarella flat breads (Pizza Express), cooked turkey slices, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, swede, onions, lettuce, pears, apples, blueberries, a pineapple, bananas, Ben & Jerry icecream cookie things, bread, hotcross buns, custard doughnuts, orange malteser cakes, coffee sachets.
You can see what'll be on my daily menu this week.
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN today came 2 padded Gilets, - one Mountain Warehouse and the other is a CAT one - both look new. The CAT one has so much padding that I feel like the Michelin Man (remember him?). I can hardly move in it so, despite being incredibly warm I'm going to regift it. It would take up half of the wardrobe if I hung it up, instead of chucking it on the floor as usual. Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Roitelet, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(28-01-2024, 09:14 PM)Veggie Wrote: IN today came 2 padded Gilets, - one Mountain Warehouse and the other is a CAT one - both look new. The CAT one has so much padding that I feel like the Michelin Man (remember him?). I can hardly move in it so, despite being incredibly warm I'm going to regift it. It would take up half of the wardrobe if I hung it up, instead of chucking it on the floor as usual. Wink
My Son bought me a fancy North Face coat with wolf fur around the hood. It is lovely and warm but even in frosty weather I sweat like mad in it and the weight  tires me out!  I can hardly walk never mind climbing a mountain. I can't even bend down to fasten my shoe lace with it but cant get rid of it  as it was an expensive present! Cry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN today came some OLIO leftovers - Veggie wraps with hoisin sauce or with pesto, granola bars, angel cake, bread rolls, pancakes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN yesterday came 2 boxes of Iced Mincepies. Big Grin
Today I had a shopping trip to the £5 Pantry. I was a bit late and most of the fruit & veg had gone. Sad However, I came away with 2 bags of KFC, Quorn Sweet & Sour, Falafels, Vegan Southern Fried summat, carrots, limes, tomatoes, granary bread, cheese rolls, custard doughnuts, crisps and cans, apple juice, HP and Worcestershire sauce, a dozen free range eggs. I'm sure I'll be able to live for a week on this. Big Grin
They also had some pet food that had been donated which they were selling at a third of normal price so I bought 3 bags of dry dog food and some treats for a tenner. The dogs will also be fed this week. Wink
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I went to church this morning - first time since before Christmas. Left it late as usual but picked up some bread, lots of lettuce, sprouted seeds, potatoes, a veggie meat thing, couscous salad and 2 huge containers of tomato sauce! I was told to take a dozen as they had so many!
OUT went a large piece of upholstery fabric (suedette type) that I found in the top of my wardrobe. Not a clue what I intended to do with it but I remember being given it at a local upholsterers, along with a selection of sofa legs!! Wonder where they went!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN this week - A Stove top fan (that spins when the fire is lit and circulates the warm air). I already have 2 but one is a bit temperamental so can be retired.
Two wire shelves that sit on a shelf and give space to put stuff on top and under the shelf (Does that make sense??)
A Peg bag!!
Today I collected 2 bags of frozen food from the lady who had a clearout a few months ago. Big Grin
Chicken, duck, lamb and beef joints, a fish pie, curried rice, peas, mixed veg and icecream.

OUT went a load of gardening magazines - unread!!