Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN today came a pile of tinned food including 8 tins of fruit (never tried rhubarb or raspberries in a tin before), 3 tins of soup, chickpeas and potatoes . I'll pass some of them to the Church food giveaways.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Roitelet Offline
In yesterday, a 4 wheeled garden barrow. In need of some TLC, I will post pictures when it’s done. At the moment there are only ‘ three wheels on my wagon’!
[-] The following 3 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
OUTs today - a briefcase, about 8 old wallets and purses (for role play at a local preschool group) and a book that somebody wanted and I had.

I have been offered a pressure cooker to collect tomorrow. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came an almost new Prestige Pressure cooker (£75 in Lakeland). Also 2 tins of Vegan Condensed milk!! and some frozen Halibut fillets.

A late night OLIO pickup of Cauliflower Makhani, a Spicy version of Chicken and Chips, 2 packs of Chicken breast fillets and some pork pies. This lot would have cost more then £35. Crazy money!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
8 fruit scones & 2kg of lorne sausage ( weird Scottish flat sausage )
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Square sausage??

My IN was a 2kg bag of dog food that Spud and I collected. It wasn't raining when we left home and walked past the road works - then the heavens opened! Spud was filthy from digging holes - so I took him, rather than let him in the house. By the time we came back, he'd been showered clean. The road, where they'd scraped off the surface, was being washed down the hill!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yeah that’s it veggie, square sausage. It’s actually really nice. Only ever eaten the really cheap stuff before which is horrible! Like your normal shaped sausages. Really cheap ones are really quiet unpleasant.

Yesterday Bob shut up a holiday cottage for the winter and came home with a fish pie and 3 garlic bread.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Finally, the road has been resurfaced and I can leave the house. I celebrated by picking up 2 boxes of cat food sachets (don't tell the dogs - they love it), some candles in jars and a bag of part used wax, a saucepan rack that I hope to convert into a strawberry tower and 2 sourdough olive focaccia.
Also went to Morries. Do you know that they serving FREE jacket potatoes and beans to everyone (adults & kids) during half term week. The code words are "Ask for Henry" when you order.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(27-10-2022, 09:03 PM)Veggie Wrote: Finally, the road has been resurfaced and I can leave the house. I celebrated by picking up 2 boxes of cat food sachets (don't tell the dogs - they love it), some  candles in jars and a bag of part used wax, a saucepan rack that I hope to convert into a strawberry tower and 2 sourdough olive focaccia.
Also went to Morries. Do you know that they serving FREE jacket potatoes and beans to everyone (adults & kids) during half term week. The code words are "Ask for Henry" when you order.
Apparently dogs can eat cat food but cats can't eat dog food? Huh

We had a German Shepherd  which lived on cat food, tuna and dog biscuits. We also had a cat at the time which ate the same. Vet told us that was why the dog had no joint problems. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
A very random selection today. Bottle of white wine, onions, vegetable oil, curry powder. A tub of mixed whole seed spices ( cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, cumin, black mustard & something else I can’t ID ) and a 2.4m x 1.2m wet wall panel with just a tiny corner broken off it .
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie