Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Collected the old laptop but it needs a charger to see if it works -trying to scrounge one of those now!
CD racks are no use for books or seed boxes - the wrong shape. I'm working on that one!
Another pack of leek bulbils have been picked up and they left some surprise items - seeds of Echinacea, "Pompom" School (looks like calendula seed) and "Broad Beans from 100 yr old stock grown in Brockenhurst" which are definitely not broad beans, more like runner or CFB as they're speckled, Must try those next year!

UPDATE - The Pompom" seeds are Hollyhocks saved for school. The beans come from family friends who've been growing them for over 3 generations in the New Forest. Nice to have some background.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Brockenhurst, that's down our way, not your Welsh Wales!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You've heard the song........
We keep a welcome in the hillsides
We keep a welcome in the vales
This land of ours will still be eating,
Beans from England and Wales.Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been out Freebie hunting again - a little purple FujiFinepix digital camera, 5 books, and, don't laugh a child's slide/playhouse and some toys - not for me (whatever you may think) but for a friend's granddaughter. The slide thingy is a simple plastic one that slots together and had to be dismantled to fit in the car. It looked easy on Youtube - but, in real life!!
Am giving away all my beekeeping stuff (straw skep, smoker, suit, veil and gloves and some books) to the Local Association to use in training. I'll keep some gloves and a veil as you never know when a stray swarm or wasps will arrive.
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(23-09-2021, 05:25 PM)Veggie Wrote: II'll keep some gloves and a veil as you never know when a stray swarm or wasps will arrive.

Or you might decide to get married - or go to a funeral.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm not planning on doing either, Mark, but thanks for the suggestion. Big Grin
Actually, the hat with the veil would do for both occasions - the veil is in 2 halves, black and white, and you can wear the hat so that one or the other faces the front - or even have white over one eye and black over the other, if you want to impersonate a panda. Smile
  • JJB, Mark_Riga

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just had a free Flu jab, picked up free prescriptions and some free coffee grounds and free Council recycling bags - and all before 10am.
Wonder what else I can scrounge before evening. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
Haha I love your daily updates on what's coming and going lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thank you, Sarriss. Big Grin
Not much to report today - just 3 IKEA plastic serving trays from "down the road and round the corner". I have one already and use it for sorting seeds, carrying plants, potting up - anything messy that I want to do indoors.
I have offered a couple of old standard lamps to someone who wants some light in his shed but I'm not sure this is what he had in mind!!
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You'll never guess what I've been offered tonight!! A child's Playhouse. Hope to collect it tomorrow.
I used to have this crazy idea that I could have a playhouse on every garden bed and build a model village, with the paths as streets. This will be my first model house but I do have a use for it - for the chooks as a shelter in their old run. I'll put a nest box in it and they can have it as their holiday home. Big Grin
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli