Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN came a couple of books - one that would suit Vinny - "The Campervan Cook book". It appealed to me because the subtitle is "Life on 4 wheels, Cooking on 2 Rings" (and I only have 2 gas rings). The other book is "The Calendar" - The 5000 year struggle to align the Clock and the Heavens - and what happened to the missing 10 days." Maybe they're down the back of the sofa. Wink
While I was picking up the books, the donor asked me if I'd like a houseplant as it was dying on her. Its a Dracaena and it looks fine to me - in my hall. Big Grin
OUT went a bundle of cutlery to feed the workers.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today’s freebies left by holiday guests. Unopened jar of mayonnaise, salad cream, a pack of 2 corn on the cob. 2 tins of fruit cider.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN today - a new, kingsize, mattress topper, a lightweight, camouflage pattern, jacket that will help me hide in the garden better than the orange one I picked up a few days ago and 2 Spider plants. I must be the only person locally who doesn't have a Spider plant - they're always being given away.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today’s holiday cottages left me. A bottle of beer. Red & white onions, garlic, ginger & and carrots. And very randomly Waitrose cornflour.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN today - sourdough olive ciabatta, muffins and a fruit loaf. Then to one of the church giveaways - I take only the fresh foods that are past their use by day and would be wasted, and leave the longlife items for people who really need them - although I did take some dog food. I tried to take just one tin, but they asked me how many dogs I had and insisted on giving me 3 tins! Collected a cauli, calabrese, baby potatoes, pears, salad bags, a large white loaf and some finger rolls.
Then I collected a Combi oven/microwave but, having cleaned it up, its no better that the one I have (apart from being a combi oven)!!
It'll be an OUT soon.
OUT went some tins of soup to the church.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
IN came 2 bags of Bulgur wheat this morning and OUT went the microwave.
Then I saw something I couldn't resist and I'm not really sure exactly what I have collected!
A big bag of Spelt grains and sunflower seeds for sprouting; lots of jars of spices and herbs; packets of herb teas that I've had to use Google translate for, some Eco items for the bathroom and kitchen - Curd soap?, Toilet powder? Ecover washing up liquid, Mouth wash tablets, a Guppy Friend bag for the washing machine (catches microfibres), woollen balls for the tumbledrier (that I don't have), loofahs, bristle pot brushes, dental floss, sewing kits, linen hankies and so on. For the garden, coir and compost, new flower pots in various sizes, 2 kalanchoe plants. A wooden plant pot holder and a huge Japanese kitchen knife.
It was an interesting collection - from a 3rd floor flat. The occupiers are moving out to "adopt a nomadic way of life". Their travel plans include Finland, Spain and Mexico. She did list other countries in between but they're all I can remember. Momentarily, I felt quite jealous. Big Grin

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Wow! I think you hit the jackpot with that collection. Brilliant. I have a lot of respect for what they’re about to embark on. Don’t think I could do it. Think I’ll stick to being a country bumpkin and part time hermit.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I told them that I was envious and had done something similar in my early 20s in Australia. The girl asked me if I intended travelling again!! Bit too old for that now - it was hard enough going up their 3 flights of stairs to the flat!. Big Grin
Like you, SC, I'm going to stick to doing the best I can in the space that I have.
There are some unusual herb teas - Nettle, Mugwort, Rose root, Horsetail!!!, a big bag of chamomile flowers and 2 blends, Greek Mountain tea (I used to bring this back from Crete) and a mix of Rosehip peel, Spruce needles, daisies, Strawberry leaves, Peppermint, Blackberry leaves. woodruff, raspberry leaves, Sage, milkwort and linden flowers. I have most of these growing in the garden!!

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That's a massive haul, both in quantity and up and down 3 flights. I too am at the age when backpacking or not knowing where I'm going to sleep that night has lost its appeal, come to think of it I was never that keen. We three can be bumpkins together Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
The Three Bumpkins!! It sounds like a folk group. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli