Freecycle and similar websites
JJB Offline
Moonraker
My OUT was a bucketful of overgrown courgettes to an unsuspecting neighbour. He was well pleased and so was I.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN came a couple of loaves of bread, 3 bags of croissants, cinnamon whirls and something with almonds in, 4 Blueberry muffins and a gift set of bodywash, shampoo and handcream
OUT went one of the loaves to my brother, 2 packs of frozen salmon pet food (that the dogs don't like) and a roll of bubblewrap I found in the shed.
Smoothed (Welsh expression) 2 dogs and 2 cats whilst I was out. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
IN bag of plain flour, bag of portage oats, 2 bottles of tomato ketchup, 1/2 bottle of white wine, jar of mayonnaise, jar of pesto, bottle of salad dressing, 2 jars of mustard, a bag of gnocchi, 1 sweet pepper, 1 lemon, 1 lime & 1 watermelon. ( and the cottage was left in a reasonable state, even though they left lots of food).
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, SarrissUK, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-07-2022, 10:27 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Today an unexpected IN. 2 salmon

Just for scale the knife is 12” 

Fish now filleted. 3 sides in brine for cold smoking. 1 side portioned and in the freezer.  A bag of trimmings for our tea tomorrow ( risotto probably). A bag of bits for the dogs.

It’s great having friends that work in the fish farm.
Wow...I'd kill for thoseBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-07-2022, 09:48 AM)JJB Wrote: Lovely, apart from the filleting bit.
Man up Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Went to another Church Food giveaway!
IN came some vegetables, bananas, chocolate cookies, bread loaves and rolls, dog food sachets and a bag of thyme sprigs (now in water to root).
Also IN 5 x 50 litre bins for veg growing. Have been used for spuds, carrots and beetroots. They're all different colours too - and I'm on a promise of a couple more soon. Big Grin
OUT went some curry sauce to the Church as it was one of the items they needed. Was told about another nearby church that has a free food stall twice a week, every week. All these churches are in my postcode area. and I know of several others in the wider area. They all collect food from the supermarkets at the end of the day and this must be a small percentage of all the food waste every day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-07-2022, 02:20 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
Man up Big Grin

I reckon I could do it OK with instruction, I'm not nesh,  but I've not got the skill.  For free salmon, I'd give it a go though  Big Grin   Plucking and drawing is something I just won't do, been there tried that (just the drawing bit), succeeded pretty well but the smell knocked me out and I couldn't face eating the meat.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
A neighbour used to work for the waterboard at one of the trout lakes. The fishermen either caught too many or didn't want the fish, as they'd give them to Dennis. Late at night, Dennis would appear at my front door, clutching a carrier bag full of trout, that he didn't want either. Even later at night I'd be gutting and filleting trout when, really, all I wanted to do was go to bed! Not my favourite job.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet

SarrissUK Offline
Personally I prefer fish cooked on the bone, but I live with two people that don't really like fish and if I gave them a whole one, they'd leave the table lol
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
They never leave the fish farm with their guts. So the bit people find unpleasant is do. Not like catching your own fish. They were a bit to big, real hard work to fillet at that size. Definitely not complaining! They’ll keep us fed for a good few meals. 

todays IN cherry tomatoes, garlic, couple of onions. Spuds. Sweet potatoes & half pack of butter.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie