Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm decluttering "Dust". Smile
First bought Dyson is too unwieldy but useful for stairs and high stuff (that's over 5' for those who mock my lack of height Tongue)
Of the Free Four, 2 are identical and can swap attachments. One will live upstairs, and one downstairs, so they don't have to be carried up and down.
One of the freebies has been butchered for spare parts and its remains are in the garage in case they're needed to repair the other two.
The 4th freebie is a different model and needs money to make it serviceable - new hose and brush head motor. It can stay in the garage until another free one comes along with usable parts.

Meanwhile, I'm giving away the Bissell vacuum that lives upstairs and last week I gave away a little Hoover that was my light and easy one!
BTW, there's also one in the attic for sucking up flies that are emptied out of the attic window!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I think Veggie needs to change her name to ‘Dyson-lady’  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Actually, Can, I have!! Usually people leave their stuff outside for you to pick up (contact free) but yesterday I had to call at the house.
When the owner opened the door I said "Hello, I'm the Dyson Lady".Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today, I picked up a dog feeding bowl with knobbles in it to slow down a greedy eater (thinking of using it myselfWink).
I gave away some cookery books and swapped some gardening books for 4 Echinacea plants.
I also collected my monthly prescription (free) and gave serious thought to having a lateral flow test - since that was also free. Big Grin

EDIT also picked up 2 bags of coffee grounds from the vegan coffee shop. Its a new business, next door to the vegan hairdressers and run/owned by the same vegan man. Its too close to home for me to spend money on a coffee but the cakes look nice!
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another useful freebie has just landed! A Sankey electric propagator, identical to the 2 I already have. Smile Before you say I'm greedy, of the 2 I have the thermostats heat to different temperatures - ones too hot, the other too cool and one has a cracked lid. I hope this new one will heat up as intended.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That's a truly useful find, can't have too many heated props.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Picked up a butcher's block table yesterday but its too big for the kitchen - so its in the garage.
Today, went down the road to pick up an IKEA baby changing table. The owner asked if it was for my grandchild and I had to admit that it was for the GH as a potting bench. Smile They were clearing out their garage and had one of those skip sized waste bags on the drive with a few "useful" bits of junk in there, including all their cardboard moving boxes, flattened. He helped me load the boxes into my car but there were too many Smile, so came home, offloaded and went back for the rest of the boxes, a wooden coffee table with 2 shelves beneath, a baby bath and a big plastic storage box.
I'll use the cardboard in the garden and the chicken coop.
Also acquired some gardening and DIY books and gave away some books to passers-by.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Losing track of my recent Freebie stuff.
I've acquired more cardboard, gardening and cookery books and today, a bookshelf to put the books on!
I've given away books, a magnetic knife rack, BBQ tools and today's biggie, a set of 4, Le Creuset saucepans that I bought years ago. They're too heavy to me to use but too good to throw away. This week, the perfect opportunity for them to do some good - the local Refugee support group were asking for pots and pans for Afghan families! Now, they have the pans and I have some space in a cupboard. Big Grin
[-] The following 8 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its been a good day for Freebies - in order of collection :-
An IKEA coffee table (for my library room - the bed base is in the dining room waiting for the waste collectors in 4 weeks time. Good job nobody's coming for dinner meanwhile).
A tub of goldfish food (for the pond)
A new curtain pole (for a friend)
An assortment of garden oddments including a bag of potting gravel, seed labels, a small bow saw, a 3 pronged claw attachment for a Wolfgarten handle (that I have), a long handled bulb/onion planter, 2 fleece covers for plants, a very large growing bag, a thingy that goes on top of fence posts when you're hammering them in, 2 expanding lengths of wooden trellis, netting, a garden hand sprayer, a bottle of liquid fertiliser and a wildlife friendly spray, a collapsible water container, a pair of pink wellies in my size, (no cuddly toy but I did meet 2 Siamese cats)
A bag of coloured flower pots, including square ones.
2 bags of wildflower bee bombs.Smile
All these freebies are from within my postcode area so not far to travel for any of them.Smile
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
In the last couple of days I've swapped Perennial leek bulbils for a Banana plant, chocolate mint and, today, a huge cucumber! I've acquired a giant lava lamp and given away some books and a Casio Scientific Calculator (made 1985) to a lady whose daughter needs one for college tomorrow. She left that request to the last minute.Wink
Tomorrow I'm picking up an old HP laptop ( may or may not work but I know a man who can) and a pine CD unit that I'm hoping I can use for books or seeds.
Two more people are coming to collect their leek bulbils and bringing unknown seeds/plants in exchange, I know there'll be some Agapanthus seeds coming. Smile
I like Free - its my favourite price. Big Grin
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Spec