Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,051
My weekly shopping trip to the £5 Pantry. On the menu this week will be the usual spuds, carrots, mushrooms and lettuce, bananas, grapes, nectarines & plums, KFC, Tuna kebabs, Quorn sausage rolls & pasties, Beef steak & veg pie, roast potatoes, potato wedges, tinned sardines, Sweet Potato soup made from surplus veg, bread, crisps, soft drinks and popcorn. Plus a bar of soap and some toothpaste.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,052
IN today 6 x 1kg bags of frozen, raw beef chunks for dogs. No additives, so would suit Vinnie. Big Grin

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,053

IN today came this little orange tree .........?Calamondin - from the tortoise lady - who took away a couple of bags of dandelions and sow thistle that I hastily picked before the rain started. I think I have the best side of this swap.  Big Grin

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,054
Went to a £5 Pantry Pop-up this evening as I couldn't go to the usual Thursday one yesterday.
Collected 2x 2kg bags of spuds, carrots, red and white onions, garlic, green beans, apples, tangerines, raspberries,
bananas and a 2.5kg tray of closed cup mushrooms in perfect condition. Apparently, they were given 30 trays of mushrooms this week!
Also bread and jam & cream doughnuts, yogurts, feta stuffed peppers, pasties, burgers, a 2.2kg bag of bacon & gammon misshapes, butter, milk, 2 tins of tuna and 2 tins of vegetarian hotdogs!
Mushrooms will be on the menu this week, possibly every meal.
OUT went 3 carrier bags of jam jars to a lady who is running a tombola to raise funds for a school. Each jar will contain a prize - could be sweets or who know what. I had far more jars than I'll ever need for jam& pickle making so I was very pleased to find them a good use, rather than recycling them

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,055
The tortoise lady brought me 2 big blocks of coir (the Morrisons ones), a smaller block of coir and perlite and a bag of greenhouse shade cloth.
She left with 2 bags of dandelions, sow thistle and plantain (helps tortoises' poo apparently)!!
Also IN came some dog grooming brushes and combs.
Then I went to the FREE books and clothes market, donated 2 bin bags of clothes, coat hangers and 3 books and collected 8 books.
Its been a good swapping day. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,056
Got a dozen eggs, and guest left a pack of bacon, strawberry preserve, honey nut cornflakes all from M&S and 2 big jacket spuds.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,057
Just bakery items this time, Brioche cobs, croissants and olive bread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,058
I had some horse manure, in exchange for tomato plants.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Veggie