Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,011
IN came some Golden syrup (for my popcorn) and a jar of Fig jam - the donor said its lovely but they've been given 2 jars and it will take ages to eat the first one. I have my suspicions that it may not be as lovely as she says!!
OUT went 4 more packs of dog meat that I'd stashed away in another freezer. They went to the lady who had the other lot and said that her dogs love it!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,012
Went to the £5 x 2 Pantry today. Got the usual KFC x 2, a Veggie pasta bake, Oat milk, bread, cakes, Crisps, and spuds, carrots, beans, oranges, lemons, blackberries, onions, grapes, tinned chickpeas, crisps, soft drinks... and a bunch of daffodils...but the bargain of the day was tinned dog food. Three tins of Wainwright dog meat for a £1 plus a 4th unlabelled tin! I spent £10 on 41 tins. That'll keep the dogs fed for a while.
OUT went my collection of Terry Pratchett books (15) as I'm never going to get round to reading them all. I was given a box of Ferrero Rocher chocs in exchange. Big Grin
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,013
IN today come 4 hessian coffee bean sacks. Not sure what I'll do with them yet but I'm sure I'll think of something!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,014
IN today came a Halogen Oven/Air fryer. I was told it needs a clean as its been at the back of the cupboard for a while. I don't think it was ever used before being pushed out of sight.
Also IN 2 terracotta bowls of the sort I use for the dog's meals. Always good to have a spare bowl!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,015
Went to a church coffee morning today! They had lots of surplus bakery products - doughnuts, bread rolls, savoury breads including some with goats cheese and tomatoes on top! I didn't stay for coffee. Smile
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,016
It's Pantry Day - time for my weekly £5 x 2 shopping top-up.
Today there were a few surprise items - smoked salmon, tinned sardines, vegetarian cheese, fresh beetroot and a lovely big cauliflower, the usual KFC, yogurt, potatoes, swede, spring onions, kiwi fruit, avocadoes, thyme, oranges, tangerines, apples, mushrooms, sausage rolls, chicken & mushroom slices, potatoes dauphinoise, olive bread, bread rolls, doughnuts. Not bad for £10. I also bought 32 tins and 6 sachets of dog food for £10 and a bunch of flowers for £2, which they were selling to raise funds.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

Bren Offline
#1,017
Called in at the Church on Friday they had 4 trays of leftover breads I picked up 4 scones, 4 tea cakes and a fruit loaf.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,018
Had a BIG out yesterday - all my stuff relating to Flat Holm (the island in the Bristol Channel where my husband and I used to volunteer). I'm not likely to be going over there now - I'm just not organised enough to catch boats! I gave away all the photographs, books, and papers that we'd amassed over 20+ years. Plus a very large, original painting that was given to me by the artist who had been teaching an art class on the island. It was his demonstration piece. The painting is going to be hung in the Lighthouse Keeper's Cottage on the island.
That's the end of the Flat Holm chapter of my life.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Scarlet

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,019
My highlight of the week - a trip to the £5 x 2 Pantry to see what will be on my menu next week.
The usual range of root veg plus mangetout and tenderstem broccoli. Blueberries and oranges. KFC and hake or was it haddock fillets? Cheese, yogurts, porridge oats, bread & cakes. The unusual items were M&S smoked haddock chowder, and Oddpot ready cooked Mungbeans (not sprouted ones!).
  • Bren, Small chilli

Bren Offline
#1,020
Brioche buns and ciabatta bread from the church yesterday.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, doublyjonah, Veggie