Freecycle and similar websites
JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,031
As part of nextdoor's scorched earth policy lots of bins, tubs, etc are also being discarded.
I have dibbed a compost bin a Komp 700
https://www.gardeningdelights.com/thermo...-komp-700/
a twin to one I already have. They're very sturdy and easy to access and you can't have too many compost bins. Needless to say I never paid in excess of £200 for mine some 35 years ago.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,032
Just picked up a Tin of Shortbread, a Tin of Quality Street plus a bag of fudge. Good job I'm not on a diet. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,033
Went to the £5 Pantry today. The usual veg, spuds, carrots, onions, mixed salad leaves, tenderstem broccoli and a full tray of mushrooms! I'll be on the mushroom diet this week! Also apples, mint, yogurt, KFC, cod fillets, cheese, cottage pie, sausage rolls, tinned sardines and peas, sparkling water, pop, crisps, olive bread, other bread and rolls, malt loaf, oatmeal cookies. Probably more but I've forgotten!
That's this week's food shopping done. Big Grin
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,034
Got a free bag of self levelling screed. It was a split bag, so offered it to us when we picked up our other 16 bags.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,035
Was asked by a lady I've met through the Freeby group if I would like some jam as she had made too much of it, over the years and was never going to eat it all. I never thought I was going to get away, she kept opening cupboards and offering me the contents! Not just jam but lots of dehydrated fruit and veg, which will be good to try as it may stop me attempting to do something similar - apples, grapes, leeks, kale, parsnips, onions, mushrooms, pears and ?couscous! Next up were multiple boxes of herb teas (that she had bought for visitors, but they only drink coffee!).
Then I had to go and see all the slowworms in her compost bins, they were very chunky! Did I want strawberry plants? The final gift was a pair of new clogs, but they're not quite the right size so I'll be passing them on.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,036
£5 Pantry this morning. Smile
Lots of veg, carrots, tenderstem broccoli, fine beans, iceberg lettuce, mushrooms, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, tangerines, grapes, strawberries and passion fruit. KFC, sliced beef, chicken pies, vegan mince and veggie parcels, tinned baked beans, milk, eggs, bread, wraps, doughnuts, cookies, angel cake, malt loaf, crisps, pop and 2 bunches of daffodils.
With my car stuffed with this lot I went to collect my next Free gift - another Wormery!! Luckily, this one was empty, no worms or compost. Its a Wormbox https://www.gardenersworld.com/reviews/g...duct-specs - haven't had one of these before. Think I'll use it for the rough compost from the Hotbin to reduce the amount of sieving I do.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,037
Forgot to add the vacuum sealer a couple of days ago.
Yesterday OUT went a pile of paperbacks.
Today is £5 Pantry. The usual veg & fruit - potatoes, cabbage, mushrooms, onion, oranges, kiwis, bananas. Tins of baked beans and sardines. Orange juice. milk, KFC, Chicken drumsticks, veggie mozzarella & basil ready meal, pasty, sausage roll, cooked ham, crisps, lemon drizzle cake and chocolate fudge cake, bread, wraps, panini plus a bonus box of bread for the neighbours! Managed to offload that on next door and next-door but one. They seemed pleased.
  • Small chilli, Vinny