How ruthless are you?
Broadway Offline
(03-05-2021, 10:57 AM)Veggie Wrote: Can you put an extra layer, like bubblewrap or fleece over the "blowaway" instead of carrying it around - or just bring the tender plants inside overnight?
I bring it in every night anyway, I'm going to leave them indoors now, if they suffer sobeit but it's too cold outside
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-05-2021, 10:10 AM)Broadway Wrote: I should not have got caught up in the early sowings malarkey as I do not have the indoor space or a greenhouse to support the seedlings/plants early season, where's that mistakes thread!

Oh but Danny you must admit it was really good to sow at the beginning of the season and have hopes of things to come, its almost the best bit. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I agree, JJB. In the cold dark days of winter, sowing a few seeds and watching them grow is one of the best things you can do as you wait for spring. If it doesn't work out, so what? It passes the time until "normal" people sow seeds. Lots of their's fail anyway. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(03-05-2021, 10:10 AM)Broadway Wrote: I should not have got caught up in the early sowings malarkey as I do not have the indoor space or a greenhouse to support the seedlings/plants early season, where's that mistakes thread!

It is only tender plants like courgettes that you need to care for as the likes of leeks, onions, broad beans and peas should be able to fend for themselves. So you could decide how many plants, if any, you are happy to molly coddle and sow just a few early seeds and make the main sowings as recommended by say https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/calendar...alised.php. As the years pass, you should be able to modify what you plant when - but the weather is always unpredictable.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB