Favourite blog/Vlog
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(29-01-2022, 06:22 PM)Veggie Wrote: He made me want to kick my shoes off and go walkabout.Smile

I was a little apprehensive about bare foot gardening in Auz, snakes and bites things, etc.,  but then remembered as a kid in NZ the soles of my feet were like leather, barefoot was the norm.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Garrett, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I lived in Bondi Beach for a while and worked in a bank in central Sydney. Since everyone in Bondi went around barefooted, I did too but the Bank didn't approve of bare feet in the office!! I used to go to work on the bus and put shoes on when I got off the bus outside the Bank. Had to change my clothes too but they were in my locker inside the bank.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
(29-01-2022, 07:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: I lived in Bondi Beach for a while and worked in a bank in central Sydney. Since everyone in Bondi went around barefooted, I did too but the Bank didn't approve of bare feet in the office!!  I used to go to work on the bus and put shoes on when I got off the bus outside the Bank. Had to change my clothes too but they were in my locker inside the bank.
Your stories mostly make me happy, but sometime sad for obvious reasons. You come across as a really special person Veggie who has seen and lived the world.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Danny but never be sad about any of my stories. Sadness is for the moment, not something to live with for ever. There's always a bright side. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, MartinH

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-01-2022, 07:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: .........  Sadness is for the moment, not something to live with for ever. There's always a bright side. Big Grin
Very well said Veggie  Smile
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Spec Offline
Have never really followed anyone on youtube, have seen some garden programmes, when looking for information but never really have time to sit and watch telly
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Adding My Family garden to the list - a fantastic West Yorkshire-based gardener, growing loads of great fruit and veg with his young kids helping out at times (and I suspect often behind the slightly wobbly camera). Grows loads of chillies, and I love his technique for getting coriander off to a good start. He hosts a live chat most weeks.

Then there's Simple Living Alaska which is a homesteading vlog that features a fair bit of gardening in the warmer months. They seem to be almost self-sufficient in fruit and veg. Lots of preserving and foraging in their videos. They also hunt and fish which may put some people off, but - as a vegetarian - I actually think they are very respectful and endeavour to make use of all of their kill (food for them, food for the dogs/chickens, bait for fishing, compost). I like them because they are clearly enjoying the life they have chosen and they don't whinge (to camera) when things don't entirely go to plan (unlike some vloggers) - they just get on with it and sort the problem out.

Acre Homestead has become very popular over recent months (to the extent she has just quit her job to vlog full time). She's in Washington state and has only been gardening for a couple of years. She does lots of gardening videos, preserving videos, cooking videos, and freezer meals. Lots of enthusiasm!

Grow Veg used to irritate me a lot because of the children's TV presenting style. However, they have made a conscious decision to really tone it down and now I find the videos much more watchable and informative. Maybe a bit basic for many people here, but handy to dip into. 

Grown to Cook is based in The Netherlands. Lots of good tips about smaller-scale food forests. Not the most frequent uploads but generally good content.

Garden Fundamentals is great if you are interested in evidence-based gardening and learning which popular gardening techniques and concepts are actually myths that fly in the face of science. He has a blog too which is well worth a look. 

Allotment Diary is another great Yorkshire vlogger. No nonsense, nothing fancy, but some giant veg growing in the mix. 

There's my round-up of the (gardening-related) vlogs I've added in to my rotation since my last post. I haven't been streaming any telly lately, but YouTube is definitely making up for it!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
What is the difference between a vlog and a blog, other than the first letter VeggieBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(31-01-2022, 06:28 PM)Spec Wrote: What is the difference between a vlog and a blog, other than the first letter VeggieBig Grin

A vlog is a video blog Smile
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
One Yard Revolution is by far one of my favourite channels, it's a pity he hasn't uploaded for so long.

Steve's Seaside Kitchen Garden & Allotment has a really extensive, free e-book about growing - https://steverichards.notion.site/Garden...1826203814

Some others that I like:

MuddyBootz - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXArJgv...QL-Cv-nIIg

Midwest Gardener - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3P-Y-t...1ohbzklp7A

ChilliChump - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSdNrag...qzUYBKIK_A

RED Gardens - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq9U-gJ...4W5BhEDFSQ

Some Room to Grow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5vaV7W...D7q5DM8m0Q
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie