Favourite blog/Vlog
Admin Offline
The Boss
I have been watching Jessie at Plot 37 - YouTube find it very enjoyable apart from the piano music

Do you have a favourite?
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
Steve's Seaside Kitchen Garden & Allotment - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChpjAlQ...ShQlYzwUDQ
[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Grown to Cook https://www.youtube.com/c/GrownToCook/videos
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, toomanytommytoes

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
One Yard Revolution - based in Chicago. He hasn't posted any new content in the past year, but his videos are great for learning about square foot gardening, raised beds, vermicompost, using locally available mulches, and small polytunnels. Comes with a cat!
Liz Zorab - Byther Farm - Welsh YouTuber with a good size garden that she uses for fruit, veg, and poultry. Great for its practicality - she talks openly about the challenges of maintaining a garden with a chronic health condition that means she prioritises functionality over appearance. A great vlog for anyone who gets fed up with the pristine gardens that you often see on social media!
Self Sufficient Me - an Australian YouTuber, but plenty of ideas and tips that are applicable anywhere. Very passionate about his subject. 
Charles Dowding - good for his no-dig approach and for seeing progress over the seasons. Often posts videos showing a particular crop from soil prep to harvest. 
Liziqi - less gardening and more stunningly beautiful rural Chinese (semi-fantasy) homesteading, with plenty of gardening elements. A bit hard to describe well, but worth a look. Very relaxing!
Huw Richards - very young professional YouTuber whom I find a bit annoying at times due to my own prejudices around public schoolboy types who present themselves authoritatively, even when they don't have much to back it up. However, he probably does have plenty to back it up with some good tips and a strong audience base.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
DUH...... never bother to listen/look at anyone/anything, maybe I should.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(28-04-2021, 12:48 PM)Admin Wrote: I have been watching Jessie at Plot 37 - YouTube find it very enjoyable apart from the piano music

Do you have a favourite?

Not watched Jessie will take a look.

(28-04-2021, 12:53 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Steve's Seaside Kitchen Garden & Allotment - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChpjAlQ...ShQlYzwUDQ

I've watched a few of these, he's very professional

(28-04-2021, 07:24 PM)Veggie Wrote: Grown to Cook https://www.youtube.com/c/GrownToCook/videos

I've watched a couple of this ladies, definitely the perennial veg oneSmile

(28-04-2021, 08:35 PM)Proserpina Wrote: One Yard Revolution - based in Chicago. He hasn't posted any new content in the past year, but his videos are great for learning about square foot gardening, raised beds, vermicompost, using locally available mulches, and small polytunnels. Comes with a cat!
Liz Zorab - Byther Farm - Welsh YouTuber with a good size garden that she uses for fruit, veg, and poultry. Great for its practicality - she talks openly about the challenges of maintaining a garden with a chronic health condition that means she prioritises functionality over appearance. A great vlog for anyone who gets fed up with the pristine gardens that you often see on social media!
Self Sufficient Me - an Australian YouTuber, but plenty of ideas and tips that are applicable anywhere. Very passionate about his subject. 
Charles Dowding - good for his no-dig approach and for seeing progress over the seasons. Often posts videos showing a particular crop from soil prep to harvest. 
Liziqi - less gardening and more stunningly beautiful rural Chinese (semi-fantasy) homesteading, with plenty of gardening elements. A bit hard to describe well, but worth a look. Very relaxing!
Huw Richards - very young professional YouTuber whom I find a bit annoying at times due to my own prejudices around public schoolboy types who present themselves authoritatively, even when they don't have much to back it up. However, he probably does have plenty to back it up with some good tips and a strong audience base.

I like Liz, Charles, and Huw and have watched lots of their videos. I find Liz's voice very soothing.

Looks like I've finally got the hang of the quote optionSmileSmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just found The Weedy Gardener https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...edy+garden+
Set in New South Wales, he's living his life on a patch of land in the country. The Day in the Life video was the first I'd watched and it was literally everything he did that day, but filmed in such a beautiful way (he's a professional photographer) that I was glued to the screen for 30 minutes. That rarely happens. His voice is soothing, the music isn't intrusive and he even shows him swimming (starkers!), his Dunny and heating up the water in an old tin bath, with a fire underneath, for his evening wash. The time lapse photos of the night time stars were so beautiful.
Just watched another one, can't remember the title but it was like listening to bedtime stories. Felt quite sleepy at the end.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

MartinH Offline
I follow two gardening vlogs that haven't had a mention so far.

Dave's Allotment Garden (https://www.youtube.com/user/blustardave). Dave has a haphazard, idiosyncratic style that isn't to everyone's taste. But he's a true allotmenteer and a deceptively good gardener. I'm looking forward to him getting going again soon.

In contrast, there's Naturally JB (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcE44j...RRu0taSAWg). JB isn't as experienced as Dave, except where it comes to chilli growing. But it's interesting to see him battling his relatively new allotment.

The only other one I follow is Charles Dowding, already mentioned. But I will check out some of the others mentioned here.
[-] The following 2 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Liked the weedy garden man, watched him make lactobacillus too. Very soothing.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
He made me want to kick my shoes off and go walkabout.Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man