Freecycle and similar websites
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,131
Just had my second callout of the day - the Prawn lady. Big Grin
A box of king prawns, clotted cream x 2, buttermilk, custard, blackberries x2, pomegranate seeds, mixed melons, yogurts and some "All things cinnamon butter" (£3).
I thought these £5 food deliveries that she has were from Too Good to Go but its "Go Puff" whatever that is!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,132
(01-10-2024, 06:58 PM)Veggie Wrote: Just had my second callout of the day - the Prawn lady. Big Grin
A box of king prawns, clotted cream x 2, buttermilk, custard, blackberries x2, pomegranate seeds, mixed melons, yogurts and some "All things cinnamon butter" (£3).
I thought these £5 food deliveries that she has were from Too Good to Go but its "Go Puff" whatever that is!
Don’t forget to plant some of your pomegranate seeds    Big Grin .

I never have . But I have a tree. That was sown from lockdown seeds. Very successfully by all accounts, he gave loads away. Luckily mine is still growing nicely.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,133
Good thinking! I have tried before and failed but, its time to try again!
Do you remember when I said I was going to try to grow all the seeds from any fruit and veg I acquired? Think I'll start that again. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,134
OUT went the dog basket that I was given recently for the Dog's Home. I gave it to the Prawn Lady who is having a rescue dog tomorrow. Looks a bit like a French Bulldog so should fit the basket. .
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,135
Went to the £5 x 2 Food Pantry today as I haven't been for a couple of weeks.
Potatoes, carrots, onions, spring onions, broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, apples, tangerines, bananas, strawberries, cucumber, lettuce, Mixed dips, smashed avocado, tinned tuna, pot noodles, KFC, Cornish pasty, vegan salad cream and sandwich spread, bread, Battenburg cakes, mincepies.
That'll do me for a week or two!
Also IN, two boxes of Aldi mock fish fillets. Apparently they do veggie sausages in batter are recommended. Must look for them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Bren Offline
#1,136
I called in at the Church, there were crates of Food Bank leftovers. I came back with a bag of brioche buns, an olive loaf, sweet peppers and flat mushrooms.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie