2024 - What I did today
Garrett Offline
Took some dead summer bedding out of large glazed pots and replaced them with various daffodil bulbs I picked up in Aldi and forget-me-nots I grew from seed.
Discreetly trimmed some of the neighbour's overhanging shrub branches along the front path.
[-] The following 3 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Moved some of the supermarket crates that were sown with salad leaves, into GH2. Also a larger crate with DFBs. Its getting cold overnight so I'm giving them a bit of TLC,
Drained the Hotbin of compost liquid. I have so much of it, I'm running out of containers. Going to have to pour it around the garden willy-nilly, just to get rid of it.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Found, cleaned & sown seeds & stones. More Rock splitting. Put split rocks in place. Around the edge of the fence bed (named because it’s next to the fence, I’m smart, I am ! )
Gave a little pot full of sunflower seeds to a neighbour that was admiring mine yesterday. She’s had no luck this year and was going to buy more next year. I couldn’t let her do that. When I have lots to share.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
A bit of weeding in VP4.
Lots of hacking and weeding in the front garden as its garden waste collection tomorrow.
Sowed Mangetout to annoy JJB. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Online
Moonraker
Continued clearing gh of mite infested cucumbers and blighted tomatoes. I'll have to steam clean all the nooks and crannies over winter. I'm minded to sow a different variety of MT in pots to see they'll stand the cold over winter.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Potted up some Nine Star perennial broccoli seedlings. Also 28 tomato seedlings that have grown in a heap of hotbin/worm compost. I've no idea what variety they are and its obviously the wrong time of year to be planting tomatoes but, who said I should garden by the rules?
Squashed some blackberries into modules to see if I can grow them.
Planted a few chard seedlings in one of the big pots in GH2.
Moved 2 big pots into GH1, one with a courgette plant and the other with 2 edible seed pumpkin plants. They'll have more chance of fruiting in the GH.
Cleared out the cucumbers and a couple of tomato plants - lots of whitefly on them.
Filled 2 x 30ltr pots with old compost and sowed Bijou mangetout in them. Also planted them with rocket seedlings.
Cut back some ferns, pulled up montbretia and vinca, cut down brambles and a very thorny wild rose. Chopped the ferns and montbretia leaves onto the path.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Bren