2024 - What I did today
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Star 
What I did, or didn't do today!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
Set up propagator and sown chillies
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Used the chainsaw all afternoon (after fitting a new blade) and managed to get most of my unsightly pile of timber at the top of the garden,that I have scrounged from skips,cut up into usable logs. Cool
The worst part was gathering the logs up after they were chopped and adding them to the covered wood pile near by. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cleared the last of the tomato plants from GH1 and spotted some self seeded toms. Big Grin
Sowed carrots and radish in GH2 and planted some small potatoes in a random patch.
Sorted tomato seed packets ready for sowing some soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It looked dry, so I ventured out. The rain god was watching and decided to have some fun. Half an hour of tidying up capillary matting and gh detritus the rain started, gently at first then ramping up. After getting wet three times on the trips between gh and shed, I gave up and went indoors to sort tomato seeds in anticipation.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nothing in the garden but I'm starting some cuttings of Thyme in water this evening. Was given 2 bags of thyme at the Pantry today They've joined the lemon grass, mint, turmeric and spring onions on the kitchen windowsill, All from free plants. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Today I took the Christmas tree and lights down and stowed them in the attic for next year. I took the opportunity to clean the living room window and sill and hoovered throughout the house.
I have a garland over the mantel piece which I have decided to leave in situ to add a bit of interest to a boring mantel piece! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Finally planted 6 JoanJ raspberries. Cut out some old raspberry canes and cut the new ones back by half. Weeded that patch - just a square yard or so.
A sunshiny day at last.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Crimbo lights and tree down, the decs went a few days ago. All safely in the l9ft. It always amazes me how long it takes.

P bought himself a second key press, which he put up on the wall this morning so we've spent the afternoon figuring out what each key was and labelling them. There are two left over that neither of us have a clue about. One day we might find out when we need a key for summat. I would have much rather been playing outside in the sunshine.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Is a Key press somewhere to hang keys or to make them? I had all the locks changed on the outside doors and patio doors so that the same key will open any of them. Makes life a lot simpler!