2024 - What I did today
Bren Offline
Last couple of days I've removed the GH shading and pulled up the courgettes that have finished.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
A bit more plant juggling. On to different palettes representing which bed they’ll be planted in. Repotted a couple of them. Dug out the fence bed and covered it. Collected sea water.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Fed the wormeries and drained them. Intended to give the compost bins a bit of a stir but the dogs had a better idea. They burrowed under one of the Dalek bins and tried to tip it over to get at whatever is living in there!
Pulled up lots of lemon balm which was hiding some prickly gooseberry bushes.
Weeded VP3.
Finished potting up the old compost in GH2. Transplanted some rocket seedlings into 2 of the pots.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Cutting down lots of brown. Clearing some tomatoes and cucumbers that had given up from the greenhouse and outside. Finding and disposing of all those tomatoes that had split in the heavy rain and started to go mouldy. Watched hundreds of soil bees buzzing around the sunny edges of the veg patches. They don't bother with the flower beds at all and only like sunny patches. Picked and harvested.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cut back the fig hedge and an enormous laurel that had grown across the garage door and was making door opening difficult. It was also higher than the garage. Enormous beast. Managed to pack most of the leafy bits into the garden waste bins for collection tomorrow. Then I can fill the emptied bins with the rest.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Emptied out a fish box of tulip bulbs. Because I didn’t remember seeing any come up and it was very full of weeds. So separate out bulbs weeds and sieved the compost back into the fish box and replanted the bulbs. Re dug the outline of the eye bed and re shaped part of the cut flower bed. It’s bigger now. It needed to be.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie