Freecycle and similar websites
JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,101
(29-08-2024, 08:31 PM)Veggie Wrote: £5 Pantry this morning.
Baby potatoes, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, plums, lots of bananas (20+), apples, pear, aubergines, a courgette, KFC, Vegan "meat",  carrot & coriander soup, milk, yogurt, eggs, pasta, baked beans, rice pudding, soft drinks, crisps, bread rolls, chocolates, and a potted rosemary.

Do you choose from what's on offer or are baskets already made up for you to take?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,102
I choose. Big Grin I didn't take any peppers or celery, goat's cheese, oat milk.

With the more expensive foods like, meat or ready meals, its often an Either this or That. They know I always want bags of KFC (for Him Wink so I don't usually know what the alternatives are.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,103
Yesterday we acquired a 3m length of solid oak kitchen work top. Unfortunately not in perfect condition, it’s probably going to fall apart fairly quickly. But it’ll definitely do for a while. Also got a chunky wooden coffee table. Again seen better days but with a little work it’ll be our TV stand. Also 4 different styles and sizes of very expensive floor tiles. Which with a bit of clever mixing and matching will be enough for our bathroom. 2 rusty metal ornate gates and 2 old ornate metal fire grate surrounds . These will get used in the garden.
Also neighbours turned up with a crab for us.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
#1,104
Picked up a pack of panini and 3 loaves from the church, Cranberry Raisin & Cashew Bloomer, a seeded loaf then one with chilli's.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
#1,105
This should be on the ‘What made you happy’ thread as well. In came in 40 bags of Council Compost and more where that came from???
[-] The following 3 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,106
(03-09-2024, 07:45 PM)Roitelet Wrote: This should be on the ‘What made you happy’ thread as well. In came in 40 bags of Council Compost and more where that came from???
That would make me happy too. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Roitelet

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,107
IN today came a huge Slow Cooker with Sous Vide attachment (whatever that does).
I'm hoping that I can use it to make chutney? Save me watching it simmering for hours.
  • Small chilli

Roitelet Offline
#1,108
More Council compost ??? Think I have enough for this year but I will go back in the Spring.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,109
Yesterday, IN came an electric heat sealer for plastic bags - I've already told you all about this!
Today, I was asked whether I could use some blue cheese and "fancy pasta". I ended up with 9 containers of king prawns, some pork mince, 2 portions of St Agur cheese, 4 kgs of Maris Piper spuds, avocadoes, prepared mango, mixed veg, and 2 bags of "mushroom & mozarella" stuffed pasta.
Also IN from another source, Nut roast, tempura batter mix, Katsu curry sauce and Dosa Mix.
Its a good job I didn't go to the £5 Pantry today! No room in the fridge/freezer now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,110
I gave the £5 Pantry a miss again this week, as the freezers are still stuffed. Big Grin
I have, however, collected 2 bags of dry dog food and lots of plastic storage boxes in various shapes and sizes. Most of them without lids! I'm going to use them to tidy up my various "collections" - seeds, books, tinned and dry food, flower pots etc. Its my autumn/winter project (one of them).
  • Small chilli