2024 - What I did today
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It rained most of the day, not a good day for outdoors.
I filled another 30litre pot with old compost from GH2 and I have a new plan. More of that later when I've thought it through.
Cooked a lot of small apples that I picked yesterday. They were so low down that the dogs were picking them so I tried to get them before they picked them all. I fed the worms with the cores and trimmings.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Weeded.............. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Changeable weather - sun, downpour, sun..............you get the picture!
Filled 2 more 30ltr pots with old compost in GH 2. I think I'm going to run out of pots. I'll scrabble around and see what other large pots I can find.
Cleaned up some of the mini- tomatoes - still a few fruits and flowers on them so I can't bin them yet. Every tomato is precious at the end of the year.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Breeze found a big stone. So I helped him finish digging it out. Bob helped use move it. I thought the round bed selection of plants was looking a little sparse so added some more to it. Dead headed and cut back things in the cottage garden.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
A tidying up day. Dug up/cut down some chard that bolted leaving one to set seed. I've never saved seed from chard. If it sets then that'll be a new thing for that week. Cut back some manky lengths of pumkpin plant. Took down some sweetcorn that's finished, dug out a couple of tomatoes and tidied up others with fruit past its best. Picked and harvested.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Removed the Emily cucumber plants from the GH - they were covered with whiteflies and had very few cucumbers. I had great hopes for these after Mark and JJB's reports last year, but they didn't like me.
Had an energetic afternoon hacking a way through brambles in an area that, a couple of years ago, grew raspberries. Its also been invaded by Vinca, so its all tangled together. Lots more to do there - its another of my winter projects. I'd better write them down somewhere before I forget!
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Now I have an empty palette after planting up my odd shaped bed. I’ve re named it fence bed and stated adding plants to it . To go into, you guessed it, the fence bed. Also just to confuse you, was originally the oval bed. Skew has been reshaping it, it’s no longer oval. But it is still next to the fence.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Removed the finished courgettes then some weeding.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Took down MT plants from the plastic netting along with various other tidying up jobs.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Filled another 30ltr pot with old GH soil and planted some courgette seedlings into 2 of these pots. Nothing ventured. Big Grin
Raked a lot of dead grass out of various places. Left it in mounds to dry out completely.