2024 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(10-07-2024, 06:05 PM)Veggie Wrote: Weeded VP3 (still more to do but its a start). If I do the same amount for about 4 weeks, I should be on top of it. That's the plan anyway!
Windowsill Wednesday - potted the Basil, Avocado and Lemon grass. Watered the house plants.

By then the soft weeds will have regrown.  Ever thought that our gardens are like the proverbial Forth Bridge.  Whilst I don't mind the garden's weed, rinse and repeat,  the household cleaning rinse and repeat makes me break out in shivers.  Confused there's something deeply psychological there I expect.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yesterday was soft fruit picking in the morning and a bit of planting out bedding (long overdue) as the ground was, at last, soft enough. Dug up and split a huge clump of flag irises whose middle was dead but outside thriving.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Weeded VP4, not completely, but a bit. Picked and ate a few blackcurrants - not very nice!
Most of today's effort concentrated on the space between GH3 and the garage. Managed to fill the garden waste bins with ivy, bramble, ferns and ash saplings. The bins will be emptied tomorrow and I can start again.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Re cut the edges around one of the cottage garden beds. Started putting rocks round it. Collected a can of sea water. New Drill bits arrived today so it’ll soon be splitting time again
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yesterday cleared broad bean space and planted some DFB for drying, from modules, they were crying out for soil and space. Jacob's Cattle Gold, Yin Yang and Lingua di Fuego. Today much the same with different DFB.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Friday's for Flowers. and VP5........and rain!
I cut back the scented geraniums in GH4 and took some cuttings - now in a jam jar on the windowsill.
Then I weeded under the oak tree where it was relatively dry and its in the middle of the garden.
A quick foray to do a bit of weeding in VP5 where I picked and ate some raspberries.
All today's jobs done (even if I could have done more in VP5. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Snopped goosegogs. It's Friday so fed all patio pots, cucubers, tomatoes inside and outdoors. Picked veg, routine maintenance of toms &planted some more DFBs, not many though as I ran out of time.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday was rock splitting, placing more rockin situ. Separating a pot of hydrangea cuttings. Into their own pots. Harvesting things.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Planted out the last of DFB from modules, bunging them in whereever there was a bit of bare soil. It rained on me so decamped to gh and pruned off lower leaves of toms.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I regret to say that I didn't do much in the garden today - apart from in the GH. I'll be catching up on VP6 & VP7 tomorrow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB