2023 - What's made you Happy today?
JJB Online
Moonraker
Well done Veggie's car (has it got a name?). Primed and ready for another year of moneyless chicken collections.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
No name, its just the little black car. I can only remember naming one car - my first one - Henry PREB because his number plate was PRE???B. There was a Jumbo (JBO) too but that was just a way to remember it.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(19-12-2023, 04:10 PM)Veggie Wrote: No name, its just the little black car. I can only remember naming one car - my first one - Henry PREB because his number plate was PRE???B. There was a Jumbo (JBO) too but that was just a way to remember it.
Strange that I remember my first car as 'Emily'. It was a 1966 Ford Anglia and it's registration was MLE 112D. Big Grin  Sadly now departed to the scrapyard in the sky! Sick
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
We've had Spotty Potty a small toyota with spots painted on, Pixie our first Picasso, Rasputin, Rassy for short a vauxhal chevette licence RAA which reminded us of Boney M's Ra Ra Rasputin. The earliest named car I can remember is was my mums first car in the late 50s. I can't recall it's make but it was called Dilly because it was green (lavender's blue dilly dilly, lavender's green). I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. P the saddo can remember the licence plate numbers of all our cars plus some that weren't even ours!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
My Dad called his car Betsy - it was a 1930's Austin 7. Reg no RX 7268. He bought it around the time he married my Mum (1940) and he still had it in the 1960s. Wanting something bigger (a Ford 8 DBO ***) he wanted to sell the Austin. It was parked at the bottom of our street, with a sign on the running board "For Sale £17 10s". I begged him to let me buy it as I had about £20 in my Post Office Savings account but he wouldn't let me. I don't think I had any idea that there was more to having a car that putting the occasional drop of petrol in it! Really wish I had it now - worth a lot more than £17.50.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My friend brought us a Christmas tree.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Roitelet, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(20-12-2023, 08:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: My Dad called his car Betsy - it was a 1930's Austin 7. Reg no RX 7268. He bought it around the time he married my Mum (1940) and he still had it in the 1960s. Wanting something bigger (a Ford 8 DBO ***) he wanted to sell the Austin. It was parked at the bottom of our street, with a sign on the running board "For Sale £17 10s". I begged him to let me buy it as I had about £20 in my Post Office Savings account but he wouldn't let me. I don't think I had any idea that there was more to having a car that putting the occasional drop of petrol in it! Really wish I had it now - worth a lot more than £17.50.
My second car was a ford Cortina Mk 1.............and my third! I remember standing in the queue in the chip shop and a bloke tolld me "I've got the 1500 GT version of your car, it has a full years test and you can have it for 50 quid" I nearly bit his hand off and was drivng the GT the following day.(Mine was  a lacklustre 1200cc version)

I rebuilt the engine, re-sprayed the car Tango orange and put on new alloy wheels and tyres! Soon after that some toe rag stole it and it was never seen again. Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Its the Winter Solstice, it'll soon be spring and there are already buds on snowdrops and narcissus. Not long now. Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, MartinH, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Second large load of logs delivered today,the same size as yesterdays (looks bigger?) Back was aching by the time I had stacked yesterdays load and it started raining soon after todays delivery. Sick

The pile can stay where it is for now and await drier weather. for transpoting and stacking. Really pleased Kato & I will now will be able to keep warm well into the new year, hopefully March? Cool
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've just read that, in 39 days time, it won't get dark until 7pm. Big Grin I haven't checked this, prefer to believe that it is true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB